GelderLands Inc. is a growing landscape design company based out of downtown Burlington that is looking to expand its team.
We are currently looking for a part time administrative assistant/ jr accountant who is ready and willing to join a great work environment.
This position is ideal for a creative and organized professional who has outstanding administrative skills plus experience in accounting and wants a stable long term position within our company.
This position will start as part time (15-20hrs per week) with the opportunity to grow into a full time position. Work hours will begin with 2-3 days a week. Once established the right candidate will have the option to work remotely if needed.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proficiency using Quickbooks a MUST
- Knowledge of Wagepoint an asset
- Strong to excellent Excel skills
- 3+ years experience with A/P, A/R, and G/L reconciliation
- Experience with month-end/year-end close process is beneficial
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skill
- LANDSCAPE BACKGROUND is a HUGE ASSET
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Processing a variety of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and reports
- Issue invoices to customers and keep track of payments.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- administrative/accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)