Position: Mechanic ‘A’ – Permanent Full Time
Hours: Continental Shift Rotation - 12hr. shift (7 am/pm to 7 pm/am)
CKF Inc. has five manufacturing facilities located across Canada with a total workforce in excess of 650 employees. Our operations produce foam, plastic and molded pulp products, including disposable tableware, egg cartons, four-cup carriers, display containers, and a wide variety of other products for the food service industry.
- Must hold an Interprovincial Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate.
- Must be prepared to work shifts and varying amounts of overtime.
- Applicants must have very good attendance and safety record.
- Applicants must possess good leadership qualities and take initiative in their work.
JOB DESCRIPTION – DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As defined below but not necessarily limited to:
- Maintenance, repair and/or modification of all plant production and/or plant services equipment.
- Project work (capital or expense) as assigned.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance work as required or assigned, including tool set-ups.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
- Identify electrical or electronic problems.
- Perform minor or elementary electrical repairs on 110 volts or less circuit.
- Maintain stores organization and identify parts shortages to Maintenance Manager.
- Routine inspection, repair and lubrication of all extrusion and thermoforming equipment including ancillary support equipment.
- Perform daily equipment operating checks as directed and recording information as required.
- Communicate with production operators to identify problems and/or repairs required. Communication of when specific job is complete and equipment is safe to operate again.
- Complete job work orders with all pertinent repair information and store parts depletion data.
- Perform shop housekeeping duties in order to maintain a safe working environment therein. Cleaning of specific job work area after job completion.
- Fabricate parts as required utilizing shop equipment.
- All maintenance work to be completed by competent tradesmen in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario and the Regulations for Industrial Establishments.
TOOLS REQUIRED: A full complement of tools is expected of a tradesman in this position.
Please note, the Company will request proof of education, as well as, conduct a criminal background check upon hire.
CKF Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.81 to $35.30 /hour
- Industrial Mechanic: 6 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Millwright (Required)