A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers. We are looking for Slotter / Take off Operators for our Mississauga location.
· Follow instructions from the operator, assist crew with problems, be a team player
· Set counter ejector and pusher bars, and position auto bundler
· Keep ample supply of bottom sheets available
· Verify print specifications with production copy
· Stack and pile units as per requirements
· Visually inspect for any non-conformances
· Take off the machine at or above the standards set by the Company
· Report all problems to your supervisor when they occur
· Follow all ISO procedures
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety and housekeeping practices, and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
· Other duties required and assigned by supervisor or lead hand
· Secondary school education
· Forklift license
· Previous manufacturing experience required
· Must be able to read and write English
· Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
· Strong/effective communication skills
· Team Player
· Flexibility to work rotating shifts
· Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Ability to work autonomously and with little direction in a high volume, fast paced environment
· Ability to present themselves in a professional manner
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.12 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON (required)
- Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense for which a Pardon has not been granted?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Manufacturing: 2 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)