We are currently seeking Behaviour Interventionists to join our team in Beresford, N.B.
Autism Intervention Services (AIS) was founded by Danielle Pelletier in 2005, to provide preschool aged children with autism spectrum disorder and their families with high quality, evidence based services. At AIS, our programs are dedicated to providing quality intervention and making every teaching moment count. As a result of our programs’ success, we have gained our government’s confidence in our contracted services and currently serve over 500 families across the province of New Brunswick.
Our Behaviour Interventionists (BI’s) are highly-valued team members who provide quality intervention, typically one-to-one, to preschool children with autism spectrum disorder. Our BI’s support the children and provide individualized, evidence-based programs so that each child reaches their full potential and has enhanced quality of life. Our team members are trained to make a positive and meaningful difference with the children they interact with and their families.
At AIS we value team work, integrity, quality, dignity, diversity and joy! To be more specific, we love what we do! We focus on solutions and celebrate each child’s learning. We work together as a close team; we care about each other and support one another to reach our personal and professional goals. We do the right thing for the well-being of our clients… being honest, accountable, and showing up every day! We seek open feedback, stay current with the research, and continuously strive to offer excellence in our programs. We respect individuality in all children and understand they have unique needs. We aim to learn more about each other, and to act with compassion and kindness.
· Competitive salary
· Group medical and dental insurance
· Life and long term disability insurance
· Travel expenses
· Vacation and sick time
Sound like you?
If you want to make a positive impact on preschool children with autism spectrum disorder, and the value statements above resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team.
A Behaviour Interventionist works directly with our clients and interacts with their families every day (Monday-Friday). Each direct session is typically 4 hours in length (8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm). Behaviour Interventionists implement learning programs that are designed to address personalized learning plan goals (PLP) and training is provided.
Accountabilities include but not limited to:
· Playing and interacting with children in a fun manner to enable a positive learning relationship
· Working one-to-one with preschool children with autism implementing individualized evidence based strategies and programs
· Working in family homes, early learning centres and agency based locations
· Collecting data, summarizing data, and communicating as needed with your supervisor to ensure continued client learning
· Following the company’s policies and procedures; living our core values
· Communicating respectfully with parents/guardians, community partners and colleagues
· Being receptive to feedback and implementing suggestions
· Demonstrating good work ethic (punctual and good attendance)
· Demonstrating professionalism and adhering to confidentiality
Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have completed a high school education, preferably with some post- secondary education
· Demonstrates a strong desire to work with children with ASD
· Be willing to complete a criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and Social Development prior contact check within the past five years
· Be willing to complete a Workplace First Aid Course
· Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle as travel is required
· Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
· Physically able to play on the floor for extended periods and be able to lift 4-5kg
Our company has a COVID-19 Operational Plan that is designed to ensure safety for our employees and clients. The AIS Operational Plan follows all recommendations from New Brunswick Department of Public Health and the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. Our employees are expected to follow the directives of Public Health concerning COVID-19 restrictions and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
PLEASE NOTE: As of November 19, 2021, all AIS employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
The only employees whom this does not apply to are those with a valid medical exemption.
We thank all applicants for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.75 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday