Are you highly motivated and client-centered? Consider this opportunity to respond to inquiries and provide program information to a diverse clientele, the public, advocacy groups and agencies.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide customer service and consultation to clients
- collect and evaluate information to determine eligibility for ODSP Income and Employment Supports
- make adjustments to entitlements and resolve conflict situations
- explain legislation and ministry initiatives
- prepare a range of communication materials
- plan and deliver information sessions to clients and stakeholders, on community-based employment supports
How do I qualify?
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- you can provide effective customer service to clients with disabilities
- you have the ability to liaise with community agencies, provide information to clients, and resolve conflict situations
- you have effective communication and consulting skills to write clear, concise reports and conduct information sessions
- you demonstrate sensitivity towards diversity/inclusion of applicants/clients and co-workers
- you have interviewing skills to conduct interviews with clients by phone or in person
- you have effective listening skills to determine client needs and make appropriate referrals
- you have knowledge of community services, resources, policies, programs and issues/barriers affecting clients with disabilities
- you have knowledge of labour market trends
- you are able to interpret and apply legislation in order to review/determine program eligibility and identify infractions
Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
- you demonstrate planning and organizational skills to set priorities, work within time constraints and meet deadlines
- you have demonstrated analytical skills to collect, document and evaluate information
- you are able to work in a team environment
Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 63 Lorne Ave E, Stratford, West Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Health and Social Services
Monday, March 23, 2020