What is the opportunity?
Are you a seasoned full-stack development expert? Do you have proven expertise working in a large financial institution? As a Sr. Web Application Development within Digital Channels Application Development team, you bring the ability to effectively provide development, support, and release activities on strategic initiatives to various business functions within RBC Capital Markets and RBC Investor & Treasury Services portfolio. We are looking for a strong C#/.NET/Node.JS/Angular Sr. Web Application Developer to expand the Digital Channels Application Development team.
What will you do?
- As part of Digital Channels Application Development team, Sr. Web Application Developer, involved in development, support and maintenance activities of internal / external web applications for RBC Capital Markets and RBC Investor & Treasury Services using ASP.NET, Entity Framework, Node.JS, Express as well as Angular and/or React
- Using various techniques and tools, deliver strategic technical solutions to match business requirements and project life cycle deliverables. Focus on component reusability, data sharing and security while complying with the standards and processes set within the Enterprise
- Provide expertise, guidance and coaching to other members of the development team and act as SME on applications within Digital Channels portfolio.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches; provide accurate cost estimates and work with the team to meet the projected timelines
- Collaborate with the Development team, Project Managers, Production Support team and Business on day to day development requests and support
What do you need to succeed?
- Deep knowledge in developing financial applications using .NET/C# or Angular/React
- Strong expertise using ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Entity Framework, Angular/React, Node.js, HTML, CSS as well as Linux and Windows deployment environments
- Strong knowledge of relational database systems including MS SQL Server 2012-2016
- Working knowledge of no-SQL data stores/search technologies: MongoDB, ElasticSearch and caching stores such as Redis
- Experience with DevOps toolset including Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible and git for source code management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading/coaching development teams
- Excellent Communications skills
- Experience working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cloud development including Docker, micro services and API Management
- Previous experience working in mobile application development
- Previous experience in Capital Markets or fast-paced dynamic environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to build close relationships with business partners
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs