Job purpose: To oversee a manufacturing plant's operations, to provide leadership and to ensure that budget and production deadlines are met.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Provide guidance in developing Purchasing, Product Design / Development, Site Standards, and Process Control as outlined in BRC’s Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7
2. Delegate production and food safety compliance responsibility to the Supervisor and QC staff.
3. Work with the QC for supplier approval and performance monitoring
4. Work with the QC and production for process control program implementation and continuous improvement
5. Oversee production, sanitation and logistic department
6. Responsible for carrying out and completing all production orders respectively
7. Ensuring quality of all products and maintaining plant efficiency (ie: proper run times, minimal waste and preventative maintenance)
8. Actively involved during audit and corrective action follow-up
9. Hiring, evaluation reviews and firing of employee.
10. Hiring, evaluation reviews and firing of contractors.
11. Responsible for the coordination and execution of all production; coordinating all orders specifically pertaining to production and overseeing the functions of logistics
12. Responsible for the handling of all equipment and machinery
13. In house day-to-day operations within the administrative and production realms of the business
14. Maintain clean and safe plant.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5L6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- plant management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person