Blue Canyon CPA is a leading boutique CPA accounting and consulting firm.
Our motto is sensible advice, successful results Our team has been in the public accounting space for over 20 years. Our team are all certified and focussed on handling the accounting and tax needs of our clients, so they can focus on their business or personal life. We like to practice the science of better..
We are looking for a Bookkeeper/Accountant who will be responsible for providing bookkeeping, accounting and tax services to our clients. Candidates must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. The position may include travel to client sites. Work can be done remotely from almost any location. Strong technical skills are a must, especially with Quickbooks, Sage, Taxcycle and Caseware.
We offer very flexible scheduling and very competitive pay
The successful individual will be responsible for full-cycle accounting, tax and bookkeeping for our valued clients. The candidate has the choice of working remotely but will required to come into the Ajax office at least two days a week. Compensation will be based on experience and expertise.
- Preparation of bookkeeping both monthly and annual (full-cycle bookkeeping incl A/R, A/P) and related tasks)
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax filings (HST, WSIB, T4s, T5s, Payroll).
- Providing client with updated accounting records and summary of work completed
- Providing clients with answers to questions about their bookkeeping and accounting
- Preparation and completion of working papers for CPA's to complete year end and tax work.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience of accounting experience
- Strong computer skills, comfortable working in paperless environment
- Strong internet skills, comfortable with online systems
- Experience with both bookkeeping and payroll needs for owner operated companies
- Able to manage deadlines with high level of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skill
- Strong customer service skills
- Teachable and adaptable
- Takes direction, asks questions, listens attentively, and good character
- Proficiency in Intuit and Sage Product Lines, Microsoft Office (especially excel),
We offer competitive compensation and opportunities to grow with the business.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter & resume to: jobs at bluecanyon dot biz
You must attached your resume at the minimum to be considered for the role.
Please note that only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Bonus scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Vacation & paid time off
- Profit sharing/share options
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Discounted/free food
- Flexible working hours
Reference ID: BlueCanyonCPA 2020 - 01 - Bookkeeper
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
- Bookkkeeping: 6 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Preparing financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, P&L, statement of cash flows)
- Tax preparation
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews