Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to shape your future, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Share our purpose to together mobilize a brighter future for all and help British Columbians down’s life’s many roads.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a precondition of new employment. A successful candidate offered employment at BCAA will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment. Exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
BCAA has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 2022!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA is looking for a Regular Full-Time ServiceNow Solutions Architect!
Please note that this role is based within the Burnaby, BC and will have a hybrid work environment model.
ServiceNow Solutions Architect is responsible for developing, designing and owning the technical solutions on the ServiceNow platform. You will provide Administration, application development, maintenance, and technical support by using good practice web programming techniques to configure robust solutions utilizing the ServiceNow platform.
Collaborating with SCRUM and cross-functional teams, this role uses strong communication skills to lead both technical and non-technical discussions, provides expert level consulting, technical planning, technical design/architecture and second level operational support for a primarily cloud-based suite of tools and technologies.
This role recognizes and analyzes complex problems across projects or domain areas, designing solutions in situations where there is scope for interpretation of results.
Key Responsibilities & Subsequent Duties
- Perform daily administration, troubleshooting, and resolution of any issues arising in the ServiceNow environment
- Build integrations to 3rd party platforms using Scripted REST APIs
- Develop Custom Applications to meet Business needs
- Write/Create advanced custom business rules client scripts, script includes, UI Policies, ACLs, Data Policies, UI Scripts
- Troubleshoot Production issues immediately and remediate
- Gather/Lead requirements review and validations sessions
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Deliver measurable positive results
- Build on current platform knowledge by learning new modules and broadening skillset
- Continual learning service delivery solutions, technologies, and methodologies
- Uphold excellent time management and organizational skills with an aptitude towards creative problem solving
- Remain innovative, creative, self-directed, a great leader with and team player with a record of accomplishment in managing multiple complex tasks
- Utilize strong Communication, presentation and writing skills
- Maintain current certifications remain up to date on all releases
Skills / Qualifications
- Education: Degree in business administration, computer science, management information systems or equivalent experience
- Experience: At least 7 years of experience in delivering complex business applications, of which minimum of 3 years in a business analysis role.
- 3-6 years delivering technical solutions on the ServiceNow platform
- 1-3 years in a consulting role, delivering software implementations
- 5 years of experience in financial service industry with a focus on customer experience.
- Very strong expertise with customization and configuration of solutions in;
- ServiceNow Mainline application (ITSM,ITBM,CSM,HR,ITOM etc)
- Service Portal (HTML, CSS, AngularJS, SASS, Bootstrap)
- 3rd Party Integrations (REST, SOAP, Mid Servers)
- Web Service Proficiency, XML & JSON knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of networking concepts IP addressing, Firewalls, Ports
- Knowledge of relationship databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle)
- Strong consultative skills with software service delivery to lead organizations in improving processes and organization models
- Strong knowledge of ITIL Foundations with the ability to relate concepts to implementation strategies is required
- Thorough working knowledge of IT Service Management and IT Operations Management is critical
- Strong facilitation skills in meetings and consensus building
- Proven experience in business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping.
- Ability to clearly articulate and document business visions and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation that contributes to BCAA’s corporate objectives
- Strong customer experience focus
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience designing and supporting ServiceNow ITSM (Incident, Change, Service Catalog, Knowledge, Problem, Service Portal), ITSM and ITOM (Discovery, Event, Service Mapping)
- Experience building workflows and incorporating automation
- MBA or Master level degree
Job Type: Full-time