SKEETCHESTN INDIAN BAND
JOB OPPORTUNITY Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Title & Responsibilities:
The ACCOUNT PAYABLE CLERK is primarily responsible for ensuring that the accounts receivable are kept up-to-date and that the accounts payable are paid in a manner to maximize credit benefits. In addition, the Account Payable Clerk performs general office duties, such as filing and photocopying as required. If you possess a strong work ethic, like working in a fast pace environment and you are a self-starter in everything accounting, you will enjoy joining our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Sets up and maintains recurring accounts receivable for all departments.
· Balances receivable accounts, reconcile AR, AP and other clearing accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
· Prepares statements of outstanding individual accounts for monthly mail-out.
· Corresponds with and collects from debtors the accounts receivable.
· Sends delinquent accounts to collections as directed by the Finance Manager.
· Purchase order procedures are followed by department managers.
· Invoicing, posting and filling is done methodically.
· Payables are well prepared for review by the audit committee and for Council approval.
· Replenish and reconcile petty cash following procedures.
· Performs VISA reconciliation.
· Verifies with the department managers that purchases have been received or services have been rendered, authorized by a purchase order or work order, and have been coded to the correct accounts and departments.
· Updates accounts which involve entering invoices, printing, verifying, posting, and filing.
· Prints pre-cheque register at the end of each business week.
· Inputs manual cheque vouchers as requested.
· Maintains all contract files.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations communities, culture and issues is an asset.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of the Skeetchestn Band Financial Administration Law, By-laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with computers and knowledge of Adagio A/P, Adagio A/R, Adagio Invoicing, Adagio G/L and MS Office is required and familiarity with VENN is an asset.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills for dealing with business account inquiries, staff inquiries, writing credit memos, collection letters, etc.
- A bookkeeping certificate with two years experience. In the absence of certification, accounts payable and accounts receivable courses with three years related bookkeeping experience is required.
- Must undergo a Criminal Record Check (Paid by the Band)
Length of Employment & Wage Range:
This is a permanent full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm. Wage will be based on experience.
Start date is immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Data Entry: 2 years (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place