About Us:Hotel Belmont Vancouver - MGallery is a vibrant, 82-room boutique lifestyle hotel nestled in the heart of Downtown Vancouver. Our team is committed to creating memorable experiences for our guests by offering top-notch services and maintaining an elegant environment that mixes modern conveniences with a classic aesthetic.
Job Description:We are seeking a motivated and skilled Maintenance Technician to join our team. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the general upkeep, repair, and maintenance of the hotel premises, including guest rooms, common areas, mechanical systems, and facilities.
- Conduct regular inspections and maintenance of systems and equipment; monitor HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing and appliances.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure safety and longevity of hotel equipment and tools.
- Diagnose mechanical issues and correct them.
- Respond timely to guests' repair requests, ensuring their comfort and satisfaction.
- Handle emergency maintenance requests or issues promptly and professionally.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Work closely with hotel management and communicate any significant facility needs.
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Technician, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools.
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant certification (such as in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, or carpentry) is a plus.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6B 6K4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person