DIRECTOR – INTERNATIONAL
COLLEGE DRIVE CAMPUS – NORTH BAY, ON
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 21, 2020 – 12:00 P.M.
Canadore College is seeking a proven leader to provide leadership in the development and successful execution of the College’s international strategy with a focus on recruitment and diversification, international student services, student mobility, partnerships and projects and revenue-generating opportunities and business initiatives that will contribute to the continued growth of Canadore College.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Academic, the Director, International will be accountable for developing, implementing, monitoring and continuously enhancing Canadore’s Internationalization Plan in support of the College’s Academic and Strategic goals. To achieve this, the incumbent will constructively engage with the leads of the College’s academic and support units as well as other concerned stakeholders.
Under the jurisdiction of the Vice-President Academic, the Director will be responsible for developing and controlling the International Department budget as well as managing its operations/resources ensuring effectiveness and efficiency. The incumbent will work directly with the Vice-President, Enrolment Management, Indigenous, and Student Services particularly in relation to recruitment and student services.
As an ambassador and advocate for the college within and beyond the local community, the Director will enhance the international portfolio and play a central role in supporting the College’s commitment to its 5 Pillars; Student Success, Program and Service Excellence, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Connection to Community and Sustainability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Provide strategic and expert advisory services including market analysis
§ Develop and lead the execution of the International Department strategic and implementation plans
§ Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, internal and external, and makes recommendations to the Vice-President Academic on strategies for addressing the international market
Business Expansion and Client Relationships
§ Develop and implement strategies to ensure the College continuously maintains high visibility and meet expansion activities in existing and new markets.
§ Define needs, trends, opportunities and success tactics to meet Colleges revenue targets in all geographic regions
§ Cultivate and establish global linkages and multi-level networks with traditional and non-traditional sources; promote awareness and support for Canadore programs and services in all geographic areas
§ Work closely with Canadore’s Leadership Team including heads of academic and support units to align with academic and strategic goals as well as enforcement of the College’s policies and procedures.
§ Identify, negotiate and hire quality contract service providers and establishes project work terms, as required
International Student Services
§ Work collaboratively with the College constituents to develop college-wide interrelated programs and services for international students. Assist with the development of strategic initiatives that maximize enrolment and the retention of international students (e.g. academic well-being, integration and lifestyle adjustment; visa, work permits)
§ Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that college program, services are properly integrated with the educational process for international students (e.g. housing, cross-cultural guidance counselling, etc.)
Marketing/Promotion and Outreach
§ Link recruitment/partnership/contract expansion strategies to marketing, promotion outreach strategies in the geographic regions; factors in demographics, job market, traditional/non-traditional revenue generating opportunities; marketing/promotion trends, language and multi-cultural requirements to attract, influence audiences in target markets
§ Incorporate best practices into strategic initiatives
§ Source in-country marketing and creative service agency partner;
§ Collaborate with Marketing to ensure consistency of key messages and brand representation in geographic regions
Human Resource and General Administrative Leadership
§ Plan, develop and implement annual strategic recruitment plan
§ Monitor operating, capital and staff budgets and review anomalies with Vice-President Academic for decision-making
§ Participate in the development of a multi-year plan
§ Organize and manage international recruitment, including the appropriate hiring, training and management of the personnel of the International Department as well as adjunct staff working on behalf of the College internationally
§ Ensure international assignments of staff align with the College policies, procedures and collective agreements
§ Ensure a safe working environment
· Completion of a four year Degree in a relevant discipline that may include, but not limited to International Business, International Development, Education or Business or a relevant field. Master’s Degree in relevant discipline is preferred
· Minimum nine (9) years’ experience in a senior leadership capacity involving significant complexity and scope within an academic or entrepreneurial enterprise.
· Proven management experience with earned respect as a leader, visionary in the international arena with primary objective of meeting enrolment targets, obtaining new opportunities and partnerships
· Superior knowledge/experience of predictive impact modelling combined with strategic thinking to evaluate implement change-management strategies/supporting services for expansion of programs and services to raise opportunities obtain/retain students in target communities and increase revenues
· Superior knowledge of regulatory, legislative processes and other issues that affect international recruitment and the set-up of projects in various demographic locations
· Enhanced knowledge/understanding of societal structures/political dynamics economic/cultural norms/customs and religious restrictions; as well as climatic and infrastructure hurdles inherent in target geographic locations. Exceptionally strong pragmatic and analytical skills to deal with hurdles, craft practical solutions to capitalize on educational opportunities in international arenas
· Superior interpersonal and language skills to develop manage and maintain a wide-range of stakeholder links/ relationships; facilitate suitable partnerships, diplomatically while working in collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders
· Superior research & analytical skills, to identify/ evaluate new opportunities and issues in light of experiences of own/other jurisdictions for education offerings abroad, implementing and issues management strategies to mitigate risks
· Well-developed knowledge of Ontario’s postsecondary education & international higher educational issues to meet new educational needs and shifting priorities in international communities
· Extensive international business involvement with strong networks and contacts for student recruitment and corporate contracts
· Well-versed in multi-year investments financial and infrastructure strategies as well business law, business management and education as a business. Knowledge of risk and issues management in the international arena
· Ability to travel to different regions as dictated by business needs/initiatives
· Ability to speak a second language is preferred
A cover letter together with a current resume, quoting the above competition number, will be accepted or by E-Mail or Fax: 705-474-8005, until 12:00 p.m., on Friday, February 21, 2020.
**VACANCY WILL REMAIN POSTED UNTIL FILLED**
Canadore College is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on Canadore College, please visit our website at http://www.canadorecollege.ca
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Work from home opportunities
- Education reimbursement
Reference ID: 10/20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $98,000.00 to $118,000.00 /year
- senior leadership : 9 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)