Great opportunity to establish yourself with a growing company!
About Country Lumber:
A family-run company that began in 1981 with 2 employees, Country Lumber is now home to over 130 knowledgeable employees. With the simple goal of providing unparalleled service to our great community, we are proud to provide our clients with the comfort of working with friendly and familiar faces, project after project.
We have long-standing roots in our community. As the Lower Mainland has grown, so have we. With the same focus today as when we began, Country Lumber is dedicated to delivering high quality, sustainable products at competitive prices. This along with our valued relationships with our customers and vendors has allowed us to grow to where we are today.
Country Lumber is not a big corporate conglomerate. We're a locally owned and operated business - a proud Canadian company. With some of our client relationships going back over 30 years, we know it's our dedication to exceptional service that keeps our customers coming back year after year.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities / Position Overview:
The Cashier/Admin is responsible for greeting and communicating with customers in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner while processing customer purchases and completing various admin work as required.
- Maintains a professional and friendly demeanor and attitude with team members, customers, store associates and managers while performing work.
- Follows proper checkout procedures set out for the department as well as balancing and completing the daily cash register paperwork.
- Answers incoming calls with excellent telephone etiquette, according to company standards and directs those calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other administration duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Experience:
- Excellent phone etiquette & communication skills.
- Positive attitude and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays.
- Past cashier experience- an asset
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for an hour, or more, at a time.
- Ability to lift items weighing 3 lbs. to 20 lbs.
- Availability of hours between: 6:00am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, and Saturdays 8:00am to 4:30pm
The position will be required to work a split week schedule Monday through Saturday, with the option of getting either Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday off (working 5 days per week).
- $16.00 to $17 hourly depending on experience, especially in the Building Material Industry.
- Benefits after successfully completing 3 months probation.
Application deadline: 2021-07-16
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Why do you want to work for Country Lumber?
- reception: 1 year (preferred)
- cashier: 1 year (preferred)