What can I expect to do in this role?
Bring your new ideas and passion for working with government information to Peterborough. As a member of the Information Management Section in the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, you will participate in operational and project work related to corporate library services, records management and general information management planning and implementation.
How do I qualify?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand library and information management practices and principles;
- Knowledge of research techniques, and communication methods and practices;
- Understand records management fundamentals;
- Project management principles;
Analytical and Research Skills
- Understanding of policy development, research and analytical approaches and techniques, as well as library reference and research principles
- Working knowledge and demonstrated skills related to library operations
Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada;
- Has graduated or will graduate from an approved or legally authorized college or university with a library technician diploma or an equivalent degree or postgraduate certificate in the library studies field within the last four years;
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in one MNRF 12-month placement and must not have participated in the MNRF internship program in the past.
1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Friday, March 27, 2020