The Accounting Technician is responsible for completing various daily, weekly and monthly financial reports for his team. They will also be responsible for tracking and analyzing various financial data.
- Supervision of an employee who handles deposits and bank reconciliations and other tasks;
- Provide daily reports : inflows and outflows of funds from the company and transfers between different bank accounts;
- Prepare short and medium term cash forecast reports;
- Collaborate in the end-of-month process and reconcile the ledger accounts for Canadian and U.S. factories while making the necessary journal entries;
- Help prepare monthly financial reports that need to be sent to upper management;
- Track capital assets and maintaining capital reports
- Oversee the US Sales and Use Tax reporting and payments;
- Prepare the information needed for the year-end audit
- Prepare the information needed to file year-end tax returns for Canadian and U.S.;
- Deal with external requests such as government forms and any other tasks or projects that the Director of Financial Reporting and Shared Services will delegate.
- Diplôma (BA or Collège) in Accounting (an assets)
- 5 to 10 years of pertinent experience;
- Good knowledge of French.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Shows rigor and autonomy in the execution of projects and day-to-day work;
- Be mindful of confidentiality when dealing with documents in their possession;
- Able to work within a limited time frame and meet deadlines;
- Have good communication skills with co-workers.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft suite (intermediate to advanced Excel level)
- Experience with ERP accounting system (knowledge of the SAP system is an asset)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)