Import Accounting Coordinator
Parian Logistics provides third-party logistics and centralized corporate support services to a group of affiliated Canadian clothing retailers, including Warehouse One, Ricki’s, Bootlegger, and cleo (the business units). Located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Parian Logistics’ corporate support services include accounting and finance, logistics management, IT, and store construction services.
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, the Import Accounting Coordinator is responsible for review of import documentation (including bills of lading), overseas merchandise inventory invoices, and purchase orders. The Import Accounting Coordinator will also ensure accuracy of invoices through 2-way and 3-way match processes comparing invoices, purchase orders, and/or receiving reports. The Import Accounting Coordinator will have a keen attention to detail, demonstrated problem-solving abilities, and superior organizational skills.
More specifically, the Import Accounting Coordinator will:
- Review import documentation for accuracy and ensure documentation is prepared and filed in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Liaise with freight forwarders, customs brokers, vendors, and internal freight coordinators to ensure timely release of goods
- Identify discrepancies/inconsistencies between invoices, purchase orders, receiving reports, and import documentation and work with external parties to resolve or escalate, as appropriate
- Process merchandise inventory invoices for payment through the Accounts Payable module in the organization’s accounting software
- Ensure vendor payments are prepared with accompanying support consistent with corporate policies including approved invoices, purchase orders, and receiving reports
- Prepare and update import inventory reports and analysis
- Allocate inbound ocean freight and customs invoices to inventory by purchases orders
Parian Logistics is looking for individuals to fill these roles who have the following education, skills and experience:
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience (imports accounting experience preferred)
- Graduate of a Finance or Accounting post-secondary program or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of incoterms, import program requirements, and Canadian tariff rules
- Ability to work and achieve timelines under pressure and among competing priorities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with a customer service orientation
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem-solving ability, and critical attention to detail
- Focused on positive customer experiences and delivering superior service to clients
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Sales, logistics/distribution, and/or retail industry experience is an asset
Want to be a part of the team?Submit your Cover Letter and Resume!
We’re proud to offer a generous discount to all team members with our clothing retail clients, as well as to spouses and dependent children. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health, dental, and vision care, life insurance, and disability coverage, as well as an Employee Assistance Program to full time/salaried team members. We also believe in helping all employees take the next step in their career, so we’ll give you the support & resources you need to do your best work and expand your skills in the workplace. A career with Parian Logistics just might be the perfect fit for you!
Parian Logistics delivers superior service to customers through teamwork, communication, and integrity while embodying our DC2 Values:
DO THE RIGHT THING. At Parian, doing the right thing matters. Its in the way we treat our customers, our coworkers, and our work in general. Doing the right thing is critical – from making sure we are working in a way that keeps everyone in our workplace safe to finding ways to support our community!
COLLABORATE ALWAYS. The strengths of many are always better than the strengths of a few. At Parian we leverage the talents, ideas, and strengths of everyone, from our co-workers to our client-partners. We work as a team and respect what each person brings to our organization.
DETERMINED TO DELIVER. At Parian we deliver product and we deliver results. Our clients rely on us because we come through for them. We are committed, reliable and we take ownership of our results.
COST CONSCIOUSNESS. We provide amazing value to our clients by providing great service with a price tag that supports their business goals. Being cost conscious is about making sensible decisions with our resources and innovating for optimization. All of our team members are encouraged and empowered to find ways to help us create more value for our customers.
Parian Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Parian Logistics sincerely appreciates all expressed interest; however only those candidates qualifying for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)