ROLE TYPE: Full-Time, Contract
ROLE DURATION: August 12, 2019 – June 30, 2020
COMPENSATION TYPE: Contract Salary
Are you a Microsoft advocate? Are you a confident public-speaker? Are you passionate about education with a firm belief that technology can innovate and empower new ways of learning and teaching? If so, INTERCEPT has the perfect work opportunity for you!
Microsoft Educationis dedicated to engaging students through immersive learning tools that inspire the classroom, as well as empowering educators through innovative resources that support teachers. In partnership with Microsoft Education, INTERCEPT is looking to hire on Modern Classroom Experience Managers (MCEM's) in the Calgary area.These individuals drive awareness of Microsoft Education programs and tools, as well as offer hands-on educator-focused experiences. They will professionally represent the most inspiring educators in the industry and be eager and energetic as they aid other educators and school leaders in learning how to not only optimize the use of technology in and out of today’s classrooms but also improve learning outcomes for their students through the regular use of modern Microsoft tools and services.
Through this unique program, Modern Classroom Experience Managerswill be recruited and fully-trained on Microsoft Education offerings, enabling them to confidently connect with teachers and academic decision-makers at select schools and conferences. They will help educate today’s teachers and academic leaders on ways to transform learning and inspire students to achieve more. They will also contribute to 21st century learning – building awareness and offering experiences that encourage critical-thinking and collaboration in the classroom.
- Raising awareness, desire, and usage of Microsoft Education devices, tools, and offerings through live and online engagement; examples include:
- Delivering professional hands-on experiences and informational presentations/trainings to members of the education community, including educators, students, and school leaders
- Connecting with educators in key managed accounts to move opportunities and pipeline and drive usage/adoption in schools
- Sharing the Microsoft Education narrative through public engagements and presentations at conferences and tradeshows, demoing the latest Microsoft tools
- Working with partners to ensure educators are trained on Modern Classroom solutions and providing pre- and post- sales training support
- Conducting post-interaction surveys for educators regarding their experience with Microsoft and MCEM presentations
- Weekly networking and outreach efforts to actively develop professional connections and relationships with key accounts in their designated market
- Building and contributing to a program events schedule requiring regular regional travel (at least 3 days per week) for visits to conferences, schools, or community events
- Reporting weekly to INTERCEPT Program Manager and attending regular coaching syncs to monitor performance
- Collaborating with INTERCEPT Program Manager to meet program targets and achieve overall program success
Ideal candidates will reside in the Calgary area and embrace their local education community – becoming both a passionate contributor and supporter. They should also meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Education graduate, certified to teach in the province of Alberta, ideally with 1-3 years teaching experience (including teaching abroad, supply teaching, etc.)
- Highly developed presentation and public speaking skills, previous experience in public speaking or keynote presentations for corporate and/or education professionals highly preferred
- Self-starter with proven initiative and drive
- Passionate about education and improving student learning
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Background in identifying sales or marketing opportunities considered a strong asset
- Active and networked within the education sector considered a strong asset
- High level of professionalism with strong organization and time-management skills
- Comfortability working independently and managing individual goals, itineraries, and schedules
- Highly collaborative with ability to work well with a virtual team
- Tech-savvy thought influencer able to quickly learn new technologies
- Familiarity with social tools to drive community engagement and deliver virtual trainings considered a strong asset
- Microsoft advocate with knowledge of Microsoft technologies and their applicable uses in education, including tools such as Office 365, OneNote Class Notebook, Minecraft: Education Edition, Windows 10, and newly announced products or services
- Willing to travel and fully-licensed with access to a vehicle
- Open availability to commit to 37.5 hours per week (August 2019 – June 2020)
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your Cover Letter and Resume no later than July 22, 2019.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview and additional screening. Should you wish to learn more about INTERCEPT and Microsoft Education, feel free to visit www.interceptgroup.com and www.microsoft.ca/education. Thank you for your interest!
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Public Speaking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)
- Teacher Certificate (Preferred)