*The SWEFM is seeking a Labourer/ General Assistant for the 2019 outdoor market season. This role will be responsible for set-up and take-down of the market every Wednesday between May 15th and October 9th, 2019. Shift hours are 2pm-8pm (six hours per week). Other tasks will include assisting the Market Manager with general duties. If you are looking for a fun, outdoor job where you can get fresh air and mingle with community members from Southwest Edmonton, look no further!
Hours, Days, and Location of Work
- Part-time, temporary (six hours a week for 22 weeks).
- 2-8 pm every Wednesday between May 15th & Oct. 9th, 2019
- Location: at the Terwillegar Community Recreation Center, in parking lot E (we are an outdoor market)
- Unload the market trailer every Wednesday (this includes tents, weights, tables, chairs, signage, etc…).
- Set up the market’s tents (4-6 tents) each week and secure 20lb weights to each leg. Set up tables & chairs within each tent
- Set up market signage & seating around the market site
- Place pylons & other traffic signs at crosswalks and at the market site parking as needed
- Empty all trash cans as needed throughout the market hours
- Walk-through the site at the end of the market and ensure all trash & debris has been collected and that the market site is tidy
This position includes overhead lifting & lifting of up to 40lbs
General Duties (Assisting the Market Manager, as needed)
- Directing vendors to their allocated stalls. Assist in directing volunteers.
- Assisting at the Information Tent with customers & vendors as needed
- Assisting with special events within market hours, as needed
- Assisting the Market Manager in enforcing market rules (eg. telling people with non-service animals that we are a pet-free market)
- Perform other duties as required
- Able to perform physical labour, with the ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Customer Service experience or experience working with the public is an asset
Please submit your resume via Indeed by March 31, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour