Ecotex Healthcare Linen Service is a major provider of healthcare laundry and linen services to hospitals, sub-acute and medical facilities across Canada and the western United States. We are a private, family owned and operated company. Our focus is the delivery of Smarter Linen Solutionsto our customers. Using the industries best management practices
Ecotex helps to create a safe, comfortable environment for patient care. Committed to service excellence, Ecotex has invested in technology, equipment as well as practices and processes to improve clinical outcomes for our customers.
As a Clean Green®certified laundry operator Ecotex demonstrates the use of best practices for reusing, reclaiming and recycling resources. Make a difference every day. Join our team of more than 900 employees across our seven facilities that provide critically important hygienically clean linens to the healthcare facilities in your community. Together we are creating Raving Fans!
Summary of Position
The position requires strong technical knowledge in areas of support engineering, parts procurement, administration, and occupational health and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support regarding plant and facility equipment and systems
- Implement and periodically revise preventative/predictive/corrective maintenance tasks
- Provide analysis reports as needed and daily staff activities reports
- Maintain good maintenance practices.
- Act as the first point of contact with vendors and equipment manufacturers as it relates to ordering parts and supplies, communicating with vendors and manufacturers, following up on orders
- Responsible for the accuracy of information recorded in the PM system such as current equipment files, new equipment files, opening and closing of work orders, costing
- Independently initiate quote requests based on equipment specification
- Initiate purchase orders for approval and allocate the PO spending to appropriate accounts; maintain maintenance accounts in good standings
- Follow up on parts and services ordered to be delivered on time and as per specifications
- Responsible for setting shift priorities, reviewing results initiating corrective work orders
- Initiate work orders as requested by other departments, distribute requests, follow up, inspect and inform the completion of work requested and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Co-ordinate activities with production departments
- Manage labor relations; responsible for progressive discipline of staff and other human resources issues. Supervise directly or indirectly maintenance employees on scheduled shift.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering and Maintenance
- College technical education preferred or equivalent experience and background in electrical and/or mechanical systems as a double licence holder such as millwright/electrician, millwright/gas or pipe fitter
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical supervisory/leadership role
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Maintenance
If you are interested, please apply with your cover letter and indicate your availability: day or midnight.
Ecotex is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Our email address is careers @ecotex-hls.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- maintenance supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)