Community Living Oakville encourages and supports full community participation while providing quality services, supports and opportunities, enabling people with developmental disabilities to live active, rewarding and fulfilling lives.
Community Living Oakville is inviting applications for the position of Casual Staff for our Day Program.
Casual staff are required to be available for a minimum of 10 pre-scheduled shifts and short notice calls each month. Day program casual staff must be available from 7 am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Required Technical Competencies:
- Completed post secondary diploma and/or degree in a related discipline i.e. Developmental Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Behavioural Sciences
- Safe Management, First Aid
- Minimum 3 years related experience providing support to individuals with complex needs
- Basic computer skills
- Hold and maintain a valid G class Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle
- Willingness to attend swim programs with people supported
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a respectful, caring relationship with each person you support
- Must be able to safely provide support to people with Behaviour Support Plans and apply behavioural intervention techniques
- Provide a high level of sensory awareness and mental effort to listen, communicate and interacting with people supported
- Ensure each person receives a high quality of support consistent with policy and their ISP
- Understand the issues and barriers faced by people supported and work towards improving the quality of supports
- Provide support for personal hygiene and grooming in a respectful and safe manner
- Demonstrate positive role modeling and treat people age appropriately
- Must have the physical ability to provide personal care, push wheelchairs, drive and complete regular household tasks (lifting, bending, pushing, pulling).
Community Living Oakville strives for equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Community Living Oakville thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $19.53 /hour