Great Lawn’s & Beyond ltd. is hiring an office admin/assistant for our office in expansion. The perfect opportunity for those seeking a position with lots of potential for growth in an office environment.
We are a fun, young company with an amazing culture, staff, and are all very easy going, but also like to work hard. We have a great group of guys and girls who like to have a blast all summer long together. (Hello weekly BBQ/BEER’s in the sun on Friday’s!)
Looking for a full time permanent employee, who is willing to help us improve our customer service. If you have a can-do attitude, embrace new challenges and are seeking a place to grow.
Most of the qualifications we seek are personality/skill traits.
(1-2 years of office experience is required)
- Great customer service/people/telephone skills are required as you will be the first point of contact.
- Ability to work efficiently and without constant supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a very high command of the English language.
- Efficient computer/typing skills & ability to learn & adapt to new software/procedures.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills. Demonstrate initiative, follow-through and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to conduct yourself professionally around customers, employees, and stakeholders.
- Self-motivated to balance and organize a number of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment while ensuring attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency.
- Reliability and regular attendance is expected.
- Bringing positive energy into the office/work environment is of utmost importance.
- Quickbooks/ LMN / Asasa / Zoho software skills is an asset but easily trainable.
A day in the life:
The person in this position will be required to multi-task in a fast-paced setting with frequent interruptions and the need to deal with a great diversity of tasks.
- Will be working closely with the owner, operations managers, and office manager.
- Opens, distributes and follows-up on standard incoming mail. Answers incoming calls, handles emails, and helps with overall office organization.
- Organizing yourself and managing schedules. Organizing and performing follow up with A/R.
- Booking appointments/estimates and liaison between estimators/customers.
- Enters data/receipts as needed, print off & compile reports, helps with end of month billing/reports.
- Anything else that needs to be done in the office to ensure smooth operations of the business & to help operation managers.
- Hours are Monday to Thursday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, and Saturday 8:00 am - 1pm. But as part of a growing company, you will have plenty of opportunities for extra hours.
What we offer:
Some of our perks include regular team bbqs, coffee, flexibility, team parties, and lots of growth opportunities over the next several years.
- Casual dress code.
- Our office is based in the Auto Mall in North Van so it is very easy to get to. Directly across from Black Kettle Brewery! (Don’t worry we are working on a staff food/drink discount). Very close to the waterfront and marine drive bus routes.
- Flexible hours/travel/days off. Lots of opportunities to pick up extra work.
- A great work environment. While everyone is expected to work hard, show up & work efficiently, we cannot stress enough the fun, relaxed, positive culture that we would like to maintain here. Those who don’t fit this description will not last long.
We are hiring the right candidate starting immediately, to work full time year round. There are some opportunities for the candidate to have increased time off at Christmas, January or February but March-November is our busy season and we expect employees to organize their time off/vacations during the slow season.
Please note, that there is one staircase to go to the second floor where the office is located. If you cannot climb a set of stairs this will not be a feasible job for you.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please email your resume ASAP with a brief description of yourself and your experiences in the email or cover letter.
********Please note, if you do not include a cover letter or a detailed email in your resume, it will be deleted before reading. Please email only.***********
Salary: $17-$20+/hr based upon experience.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Great Lawn’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Reference ID: Office Admin
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (required)
- Fluent English (required)