Job Title: Quality Technician & Inspector
Reports to: Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager
Tube-Fab Ltd., a 64-year-old, rapidly expanding aerospace assembly & component manufacturer, is currently seeking experienced Quality Technician Inspector to join our team in our Mississauga, Ontario facility. We are seeking individuals who are dedicated and committed to making Tube Fab Ltd. an industry leader.
To perform and document routine checks, tests, gauging, and instrument inspection of purchased materials, goods in process, and finished goods. Conduct experiments and studies on products for quality investigations and new product development.
- Performs assigned routine tests on purchased materials, goods in process, or finished goods where results are compared with established quality standards and specifications. Reports results to management who takes whatever necessary action is required.
- Inspects for visual cosmetic, dimensional, and fit & function compliance.
- Performs detailed inspection when necessary to determine quality of product where specifications are not clearly defined. Removes defectives and release acceptable items into production.
- Determine quality disposition of product in accordance to ISO 9001:2008 ; AS9100D
- Ensure product compliance to approved and published UL, CSA, and other safety specifications.
- Notifies management when items are out of specification or when poor quality is noted. Makes recommendation on disposition of inspected items to management.
- Records results on inspection forms or charts and reports number and nature of defectives found. Posts and maintain forms and charts consisting of inspection data, quality levels, or special studies as required by management. Calculate basic quality performance statistics and metrics
- Performs and document Internal Audits to ensure compliance to Quality Management System. Facilitate corrective and preventive actions resulting from audits.
- Performs and generates reports from investigational experiments involving new product design, revised products, and quality investigations. accompanied by data analysis. Able to publish reports with detailed rationale.
- Abide by and promote the Quality Management System while working with all other departments to maintain quality compliance and productions throughput.
- Perform 1st article layouts as required.
- Performs Materials; Fittings; Hardware and Supplies - INCOMING Inspection
- Authorization and Release of approved materials and components to the various production facilities and cells.
- Performs clerical duties as required in the Quality Assurance department, maintaining records as required.
- Be a member of Continuous Improvement teams when appropriate. Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Assist in Internal and 3rd party Audits
- Follow company safety requirements
- Keep work area clean and in order
- Perform other duties as required
- Commercial certificate course in Quality Management education, with good writing and math skills required.
- Ability to work any shift as required and overtime, if necessary.
- Familiarity with engineering prints and basic print reading skills.
- Ability to operate gauges and testing equipment, including CMM and Optical Comparator.
- Basic spreadsheet software and statistical skills required.
- Basic word-processing software skills required.
- Decision making skills required
- Able to communicate and interact with production, purchasing, engineering, and external auditors.
Educational and or credential requirements:
- Training will be provided, however some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training is an asset
- Experience in a ISO approved environment is an asset
Why Work for us?
- Great opportunity for dynamic self starters to thrive and advance in a fast-paced environment
- Work for an established company in the growing and exciting aerospace industry
Resume is necessary with references.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Inspection & Quality Assurnce Control: 2 years (Required)