Senior Legal Counsel, Services and Support-MON18054
Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
In your role, you will:
- Report into the Director Legal Services and Contracts for Services and Support (Aftermarket).
- Assist and/or lead the negotiation, drafting or review of various commercial contracts related to the support of the aviation aftermarket business including but not limited to large scale construction/ development agreements, agreements for lease, leases, asset purchase agreements, support services agreements, authorized service facility agreements, maintenance contracts, and agreements for new products and services.
- Manage claims and potentially litigious matters, in conjunction with the Legal Services Litigation team.
- Play a key role in proactively managing risk through training and coaching, as well as through the creation and implementation of efficient contract governance processes.
- Be solicited by your clients regularly in order to ensure compliance with contracts and to obtain an interpretation on different contractual provisions. Your recommendations will impact the day-to-day relationships with our customers and our service providers.
- Be relied upon for your ability to identify and anticipate commercial and contractual problems by ensuring efficient communication between your clients and Legal, Tax, Risk Management and Export Control.
- Anticipate stakeholder’s needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them.
- Serve as a key resource on complex and critical issues.
- Be required to travel occasionally.
As our ideal candidate,
- You are a practicing member of the Bar of at least one Canadian Province or one U.S. State, including preferably the Québec Bar. Having a civil law and a common law degree would be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience practicing commercial or transactional law or commercial litigation, with at least 2 years of practice within a renowned law firm.
- You show great leadership, are autonomous and have excellent legal and business acumen, giving you the confidence to take quick decisions and provide strategic advice in a stressful environment.
- You have construction law, property law or M&A experience, would be considered an asset.
- You are at ease to work in an environment where technical questions are discussed.
- You can easily manage a busy schedule.
- You have strong negotiations, drafting and communication skills as well as a superior capacity to convince people.
- You have sound business judgment, coupled with good business sense, allowing you to provide efficient and value-added advice and solutions is essential.
- You have strong organizational skills are needed.
- You have the ability to operate and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You are perfectly bilingual (French and English), both verbally and in writing.
- You have good knowledge of MS-Office environment (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigation status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities
Your ideas move people.
Job Legal Counsellor
Primary Location CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status Regular
Job Posting 19.07.2021, 2:17:50 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing