Meat Cutter / Butcher (LESLIEVILLE location or ST. LAWRENCE MARKET location)
FULL-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE.
Bespoke Butchers is a retail and wholesale provider of locally sourced, grass-fed, antibiotic and hormone-free meats raised by farmers with the highest level of animal welfare standards. In addition to a broad offering of meats, each of our retail stores carries an assortment of cheeses and various unique products and food items specific to each store’s local marketplace.
Our Leslieville location and our St. Lawrence Market location are both currently looking for individuals with retail meat cutting experience, interest in sustainable farming practices and are passionate about food and excellent customer service. Bespoke Butchers is a 'Startup' company with a high paced work environment and 'flat' organizational structure, meaning we expect all our team members to think on their feet and embrace considerable autonomy when it comes to decision making. At Bespoke Butchers, teamwork is essential. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a rewarding work environment we would love to hear from you.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position pays $17-$25.00 per hour. Based on experience.
Meat Cutter Responsibilities:
- Answering customer questions, making recommendations, and generally providing strong customer service is a very high priority for this position.
- Ensuring the meat cases are well-stocked with fresh, high-quality meat and poultry products for our customers.
- Receiving stock.
- Cut, grind, wrap, weigh, price, and attractively merchandise meat products.
- Work in compliance with all food handling and health & safety policies and laws, and operate equipment such as meat saws, slicers, grinders, wrapping machines, and knives.
- Other duties are assigned as required.
- Butcher apprentice or diploma in culinary arts is preferred.
- Retail meat cutting experience is required. We prefer at least 2+ years of experience in the retail meat cutting/processing environment.
- 2+ years of retail food and beverage experience is a strong asset.
- Strong customer service experience, a positive attitude and relationship building skills are required.
- Ability to safely handle meat cutting tools, including knives, saws, power tools, grinders, and slicers, etc.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, busy retail store.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus while working under pressure.
- Ability to handle standing, bending, lifting, reaching frequently.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work in a cold environment.
- Valid Food Handler’s and First Aid Certifications are an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks.
About Bespoke Butchers:
At Bespoke Butchers, we stand up for the whole hog, the entire chicken, the complete cow and the full lamb. We believe in working directly with local farmers who raise animals using the best methods of animal husbandry that, above all, prioritize animal welfare while maintaining long-term sustainability of the land. This principle allows us to pay a fair price to knowledgeable farmers who are practising a “beyond organic” way of farming; and, in turn, to deliver fair prices to our community while providing full transparency and peace of mind to our customers about the provenance of their food.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Butcher: 2 years (Preferred)
- Food Retail: 2 years (Preferred)