Youth Program Manager
Boys & Girls Clubs of North Simcoe
The Youth Program Manager’s Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Club provides a safe and caring environment that promotes positive child development, relationships and mentoring opportunities for children.
- Research and apply youth development theories, best practices and resource tools with all programming.
- Manage youth program needs, ensuring program plans and schedules, needed supplies and other preparations are completed
- Conduct program evaluations, and use results to improve programming
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Consults and works with the community, groups and other service providers.
- Supervises, directs, supports and assists in the evaluation of all youth program staff in the performance of their duties.
- Managing expenditures within existing program budget
- Apply for grants to fund the Youth Program.
- Hours of work must support all hours of Youth programs.
- Maintains a professional relationship with children, youth, and parents, positively represents the Club with other agencies, the community, government and funders.
- Actively participates and communicates as a member of the Club’s management team.
- Provides leadership, support and participates in all the Club’s functions, training events, special events and fund raising activates.
- Ability to effectively manage time to address short-term and long-term goals and ensure successful, effective and sustainable growth of youth programming and support of the overall mission of the organization.
- Post Secondary degree in social service or recreation (Employment experience in related field will be considered)
- First Aid/CPR
- High Five Certified with Quest 2
- Mental Health First Aid an asset
- Bilingual an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Program Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- High Five (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Preferred)