The Jr. CNC Operator is responsible for setting up, operating or tend metal-cutting machines designed for repetitive machining work. The incumbent must be able to understand and interpret G and M codes. Measure and verify dimensions of machined parts using precision measuring instruments.
- Perform pre-machine and final machine checklist.
- Set up tooling per supplied drawings.
- Understand and utilize the FCS System (clamping system) in daily work.
- Ability to understand and interpret G and M codes using Fanuc controls.
- Ability to use precise measuring equipment.
- Accurately Record machine hours usage per job.
- Maintain proper tooling inventory by not leaving tools unattended (i.e. Fly Cutters) and following proper inventory checklists beginning and ending of shifts.
- Replace broken tooling as required and notify CNC Floor Supervisor immediately.
- Ability to understand CNC programs.
- Able to work evenings (3 pm to 1:30 am; M-Thurs; Fridays as needed); overtime paid after 40 hrs. During busy times Fridays will be required in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Minimum of one (1) year CNC Operator experience
- Quality Policy – working knowledge of ISO9001/TS16949
- Health & Safety Policy
- Operating Work Instructions
- Operating Procedure
- Measurement Systems: Vernier, Micrometer
- WHMIS Knowledge
- Health & Safety Act
- Must have the ability to understand basic written and verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks.
- Able to work independently.
- Machining / CNC Certificate/Diploma (looking for a recent grad).
- Valid Crane Certificate an asset.
REPORTS TO: CNC Floor Supervisor / CNC Manager
BENEFITS: * * Opportunities for overtime work, shift premium allowance on top of hourly rate, working with experienced CNC Operators & Programmers and being part of a great team, free healthcare & pension plan.
MetriCan will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- CNC Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)