What will you be doing in the Warehouse Associate position?
A distribution center worker should perform one or more of the following tasks with minimal supervision: order pulling, stocking, packing, or truck loading. The employee is expected to perform these tasks with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety – every employee is required to work with the safety rules specified by the Company and distribution center management. Safety is considered to be every employee’s responsibility and includes utilizing equipment only when properly trained, utilizing appropriate equipment (if trained in use of equipment) for securing items, lifting techniques including utilizing equipment when items are too heavy for individual lifting.
- Housekeeping – assist in maintaining a clean, organized facility through diligent “Lean” housekeeping efforts. Employees are required to “clean as you work” and participate in the facilities recycling program on a daily basis. Employees are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Equipment Operation – depending on specific duties, employees may be required to train on and operate Fork lifts, Tuggers, Power sweepers, and strapping machines.
- Security – every employee is considered to be a member of the distribution center security team and as such has a responsibility for the security and integrity of the premises, inventory and company information. Information relative to the performance of the facility, makeup and value of the inventory and costs and type of equipment used is considered private. Obvious expectations to this policy are company officials and business partners such as insurance company, internal and external auditors and members of company management.
- Hours – employees must be flexible in work hours available including overtime and be able to respond to varying workloads without prior notice.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Read order directions (paper document) directing the puller/stocker/receiver to specific locations, then selecting of the appropriate product and quantity for order processing or stocking.
- Efficiency – a qualified order puller/stocker should know the distribution center layout (aisles, bays, and locations) and be able to pull the minimum material required to build a unit. Also, the puller must meet and or exceed the required minimum weight per hour.
- Accuracy – a qualified order puller/stocker/receiver should be able to select the appropriate product (reading the location and other descriptive information about the product) and the appropriate quantity required (specified by system directions) with less than 1% error rate.
- Quality – a qualified order puller/stocker/receiver should be able to identify product that is not fit for shipment because of: obvious damage, poor quality, or improperly located product (profile or description not in agreement with information supplied by order/stocking directions, i.e. (paper documents)
- Operate equipment required for pulling/stocking/receiving
- Truck Loader - Ability to read order plates on units and load trailers accurately. Understand the load weights and restrictions for each axle when loading trailers.
- Truck Loader – ability to recognize units improperly secured units (i.e. not enough blocks for larger units, side blocks on all units, Metrie plastic on all orders)
- Packing – The ability to pack a unit efficiently insuring order integrity will remain after carrier processes order.
What background will make you successful?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including the ability to work with people and follow management directives and policies and procedures. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.79 to $15.52 /hour
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)