Build a meaningful career
At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Remote Client Care Counsellor
Employee Support Solutions
Winnipeg, Manitoba or Nationwide
Permanent, Full Time
Employee Support Solutions
Healthy, productive, and engaged employees drive organizational performance and success. Morneau Shepell’s Employee Support Solutions is comprised of industry-leading programs and services that work together to deliver a unique and holistic Total Health Solution to our clients, helping them engage their people. Morneau Shepell is also the largest Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider in the world. Confidential professional support is available to employees and family members in-person and telephonically, as well as digitally through E-Counselling, Video Counselling, First Chat (online chat), and our My EAP mobile device application, to help resolve work, health, and life challenges. Our award winning innovations and technology help to ensure that our support solutions are available anytime, anywhere.
As a Client Care Counsellor, you will manage clients facing urgent or crisis situations requiring immediate attention via telephone or chat modalities. Taking care of our clients’ means evaluating needs, assessing risks, crisis containment, assisting in single sessions and providing necessary resources to resolve challenges.
- Provides immediate telephone crisis counseling/interventions to employees and family members of customer organizations
- Provides immediate management consultation to key employees within customer organizations
- Provides immediate information and support to the caller requesting a trauma or other workplace intervention.
- Respond to warm transfers of clients who request to speak to a Counselor upon their initial call for services.
- Identify the present problem and determine appropriate service response level as per case response level standards.
- Assess client’s needs and provide telephone counseling when the client is not prepared to accept a referral, or book an appointment with a Counselor.
- Provide consultation to callers who are requesting an Assisted Referral for an employee for an EAP assessment.
Succeeding as a Client Care Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills
- Completed a Clinical Master’s Degree in either Social Work, Sexology, Clinical Counseling, Clinical Psychology or another clinical field of study
- Be a member of a Canadian Professional Association such as CCPA (https://www.ccpa-accp.ca), or a member of a Professional Order
- Verbal and written skills in English and/or French is mandatory
- Ability to speak the following languages is a strong asset: Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Spanish, Arabic
- Strong Computer skills and mastering current software and applications (such as Microsoft Office)
- Strong risk assessment skills with regards to Child Welfare/Safety concerns, Suicide/Self-Harm, Substance Abuse etc.
- Good clinical judgement and understanding of your responsibilities regarding confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Abilities to work over the phone and through chats
- Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task when needed
- Strong empathy and listening skills
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekend’s evenings etc. as per business needs
By working at our Care Access Center, you will have the opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills as well as address constructive, interesting and rewarding challenges. The diversity of the clients and the problems encountered will allow you to develop your skills rapidly as a clinical practitioner. In addition, you will have the opportunity to share your clinical knowledge with a multidisciplinary team of more than 50 clinicians from various fields! Different avenues, depending on opportunities, are also possible in terms of advancement for those demonstrating excellence in their work, as Morneau Shepell continues to grow and offer different modalities to support our clients (telecounselling, face-to-face, chat counselling, etc.).
Advantages to joining our team
- A permanent position with a competitive benefits package.
- A robust training program that prepares you for your role.
- Growth opportunities in a company that promotes from within.
- You will work in an environment that values employee engagement, innovation and client service excellence.
- We also offer remote work arrangements for suitable candidates.
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At Morneau Shepell, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.