Valeura Energy Inc is a Canadian public company with natural gas operations in the Thrace Basin of NW Turkey.
Valeura is searching for a Country Manager, to be located in Tekirdag, Turkey reporting to the company’s COO located in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications;
- University Bachelor’s Engineering Degree, preferably in Petroleum Engineering,
- 15+ years of experience including prior international postings and atleast 5 years directly supervising production operations,
- Production / Gas Field Operations experience ideally supervising multi disciplinary teams,
- Strong understanding of HSE Management Systems and a proven record of delivering good HSE performance,
- Familiarity with drilling, completions and workovers,
- Fluent in English, both written and spoke. Turkish language skills would be a significant asset,
- Proven leadership, analytical, problem solving and communication skills are critical.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for;
- Provide strong leadership to motivate and drive performance of the organization,
- Ensure all operations are compliant with the company’s HSE management systems to minimize risk to the company, it’s employees and contractors,
- Lead exploitation efforts to maximize value from the existing shallow, conventional gas assets,
- Develop production work programs and budgets to meet corporate objectives,
- Provide support to the ongoing deep unconventional program,
- Maintain close co-operation and communication with the Country Representative Office in Ankara to assure compliancy with Turkish regulations,
- Represent the company in the community and to local stakeholders.
Valeura, through it’s subsidiary TBNG, produces approximately 8 MMCFD of gas from 80+ shallow gas wells and sells directly to 55+ industrial customers. The field office in Tekirdag employs 70 people comprised of operations staff, engineering, geoscience and HSE. Valeura is also pursuing non-conventional deep gas exploration with Equinor (previously StatOil) in the basin. Three successful wells have been drilled to date with completions ongoing.
Job Type: Full-time
- operations management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)