_Who are we?_
Dolphin KIDS: Future-ready Leaders. We ignite the mindset and life skills for innovation, connection, and resilience in our ever-changing world. Our mission is to nurture and inspire every child's innate intelligence and innovative nature; by empowering them to be self- motivated through social connection, critical thinking, creative expression, and purposeful contribution.
We are located in Vancouver, Canada and online. Global partners are in Delhi, India.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for educational assistants to join our friendly, professional, and enthusiastic team. You can use your background in education, psychology, counselling, and/or social emotional learning to assist children and youth through our curriculum of interactive, hands-on, mindfulness, 21st century skill lessons. Your experience working with children enables you to bring energy, creative ideas, and enthusiasm to our programs.
This position involves:
- Online and in-person training prior to position start date.
- Availability to work full-time hours (9AM to 4PM) during spring break (March 16-20, March 23-27).
- Provide support and collaborative assistance for students (between the ages 6-9 and 9-14 years) and teachers in our Dolphin Kids camp programs.
- Prepare instructional materials for camp lessons and activities.
- Work in small groups and one-to-one with students.
What do you bring?
- Energy, enthusiasm, and ability to be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills that demonstrate professionalism.
- Eager to learn new lessons and activities to engage diverse groups of children & youth.
- Availability to work flexible hours (i.e. afternoons, spring break, summer break).
- Ability to commute to camp locations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- A flexible mindset. You're able to adapt, communicate, and innovate in a wide range of settings.
- Grade 12 diploma. A background or courses in Early Childhood Education, youth care, psychology or counselling would be an asset.
- Criminal reference check required.
We provide the curriculum, training, and methodology for every Dolphin KIDS program. We foster a casual and collaborative work environment and support flexible schedules. We're big on creativity and believe that teamwork is the key to reaching amazing feats.
Sound like the right position for you? Apply now!
Job Type: Contract
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)