Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Front Office Manager.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for achieving and maintaining the highest level of standards offered by the Front Office team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that image and grooming standards are reinforced in accordance with Resort Grooming and Appearance Standards.
- Updates staff on walk-in rates, packages, up-selling rates and all sales and marketing programs
- Updates staff on policies governing special promotions. Certificates/Promotions, BCAA/AAA rates & Entertainment book rates.
- Reviews the daily room revenue report and monitors rate changes and adjustments. Ie: Allowances for Food and Beverage & Rooms, which are then investigated and reported to appropriate Department Leader.
- Trains & encourages staff to up sell & maximize room occupancy/revenue and valet sales.
- Reinforces staff to promote hotel facilities and services.
- Ensures daily communication with Housekeeping.
- Ensures office supplies are inventoried and ordered.
- Monitors the cleanliness of the front of the hotel, Business Centre, the Front Desk, and back office areas.
- Works closely with the Financial Controller & Accounting department to ensure compliance with accounting procedures and cash handling policies.
- Ensures that guests experience seamless and professional standards when inquiring about and making room reservation.
- Ensures that guests are greeted with superior service throughout check-in and checkout procedures while maintaining the utmost highest of standards.
- Ensures that guest requests are followed up. ie: PBX/Switchboard call log for requests & concerns are all followed-up on.
- Ensures PBX/Switchboard are ensuring a minimum of 30 call backs on the day of arrival to ensure expectations are met.
- Resolves and reports all guest problems and complaints to DOR.
- Schedules Front Office personnel accordingly while maximizing service and efficiency of labour costs.
- Resolves billing disputes and group billing.
- Attends group meetings and pre-convention meetings to ensure group needs are met.
- Ensure all Front Office quality standards are complied with the following of policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Coordinate and follow up with the Housekeeping department on late check-outs and early check-ins.
- Assists the guests with pertinent information concerning the hotel's accommodations, services and features, handles special requests, and resolves complaints.
- Ensures that all problems, complaints, and special instructions are logged in the Front Office communication logbook.
- Handling difficult or uncomfortable situations that may arise with guests and/or team members to ensure professional and appropriate behaviours.
- Providing Corrective Counseling when required or necessary.
- The Front Office Manager leads, coaches, empowers and works closely with all Front Desk Team Members to successfully execute all Front Office operations including guest arrival and departure procedures.
- Conducts performance reviews for Front Desk Agents, Bell Staff, Night Auditors and PBX/Switchboard Operators.
- Strives to continually improve guest and Team Member satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Maintains the correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Establishes and implements procedures to ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival.
- Responds appropriately to all guest complaints and ensures to communicate any items that require other department’s attention.
- Establishes and implements appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Accounting, Revenue Management, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, Retail and Maintenance.
- Responsible for group requests, attending pre-convention meetings and billing.
- Preparing departmental payroll daily.
- Preparing for changes in staffing levels and guest arrival numbers without notice.
- The Front Office Manager promotes the practice of GreenLife within the Front Office operations.
- Aggressively interviews to hire and train for the best possible candidates who would be a great addition to the Front Desk team.
- Oversee the Retail Department. Assist the Retail Supervisor in any capacity required.
- Some stress resulting from the need to manage within legislative, budgetary, and time constraints on a regular basis. Must be able to deal with problem solving situations, and make judgment decisions. Must be able to deal with issues arising from guest complaints (internal and external) in a timely manner using problem solving and de-escalating techniques.
- Assists with Night Manager on Duty in scheduling, vacations and coaching opportunities.
- Other job related duties may be as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIED:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Grade 12 graduation.
- Hospitality industry courses in hotel management/front office management from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of three years increasingly senior supervisory experience on a busy hotel front desk.
- Experience with Yield Management / Revenue Management.
- Manage 26 - 32 employees, including:
- Head Front Desk Agents
- Front Desk Agents
- Switchboard Operators
- Night Audit
- Bell Staff
- Flexible to a changing schedules due to business volumes and requirements within the Front Office Department.
- Experience with room forecast and budgeting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Superior communication skills in English, oral and written.
- Ability to present information to groups of guests, employees, suppliers or Manager of the hotel.
- Ability to write business correspondence, reports, memos and other documents.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- First Aid Certificate Level III is an asset.
- Computer Literacy, including data base management.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Manage labour control for service and efficiency.
- Ability to train new team members.
- Ability to upsell on rooms and valet.
- Ensure all team members have up to date information.
- Being multi lingual is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability of being able to drive standard/automatic vehicles is an asset.
- Lifting / Standing / Driving
- 1% of the time ability to lift suit cases as need up to 70lbs
- 1% of the time requires Valid Driver’s license and proven ability to drive standard automobiles
- 15% of time standing assisting guest in lobby and checking in guests
- 15% of time observing / evaluating / counselling on best practices and guest path
- 50% of the time completing administrative
- 18% of time attending meetings
We thank all candidates in advance for your interest in our resort; however, only those qualified candidates will be contacted.
- ONLY APPLICANTS LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FORIGN APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A COPY OF THEIR CANADIAN WORK PERMIT FOR THEIR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Full-time
- senior supervisory experience on a busy hotel front desk: 3 years (Required)
- manage 26-32 employees: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- hotel management/ front office management (Preferred)