Company : - Speech Specialists
Position : - Speech Language Pathologist
Status : - Full Time Contract
Website : - www.speechspecialists.ca
The Speech Specialists are a highly experienced group of Speech Language Pathologists, Behavioural Therapists, and Occupational Therapists that provide private therapy services in-home and at our centre based location for clients all across Southern Ontario. We provide individualized and comprehensive assessments as well as unique treatment programs for each of our clients. The Speech Specialists strongly believe in a multi-disciplinary and family centered approach to therapy. Our goal is to provide a work environment that is collaborative, energetic, and welcoming to all our therapists and practitioners. Our vision is simple. Therapy should be accessible, convenient, family centered, and provided by practitioners that have a passion for helping others.
The Speech Specialists are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Speech Language Pathologist in the Mississauga Area to provide assessments, consultations, and speech therapy to clients in their home and at our centre located in Mississauga. The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) will be required to provide direct one on one therapy sessions to individuals as well as some group therapy sessions. The SLP will schedule hours of work based on client convenience and will need to be able to drive to various locations including homes, day cares, offices, and clinics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initial Assessments including speech, language, and cognitive communication
- Development of treatment plans
- Supervision for Communicative Disorders Assistant providing therapy
- Provide therapy to clients of various ages (children, adults, and rehab patients)
- Work with clients from different backgrounds and specialized populations.
- Collaborate and consult with other SLPs and interdisciplinary practitioners.
- Provide families with resources, information, and home programs.
- Assist with parent and client workshops.
- Participate in continuing education classes and workshops to remain current.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Registration in the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a clinical setting
- Experience with developmental disorders an asset
- Superior interpersonal skills, communication, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and a willingness to travel
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills
We thank all of you for applying, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Expected Start Date: 2020-08-03
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $75.00 - $85.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
To keep our therapists and clients safe, all clients complete a Point of Care Risk Assessment and have to screen negative for COVID-19 before receiving in-person therapy services. We provide our therapists with face shields all other PPE required.
- speech therapy: 1 year (Preferred)