Job Title: DZ Truck Driver for Water Treatment Division
Location: Kitchener - Waterloo - Guelph
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive a small bulk chemical delivery truck mainly throughout Toronto Ontario and pick-up/deliver products and chemicals, including dangerous chemicals.
- Work with the dispatcher in planning the route in the most efficient manner.
- Unload the order at the customer location using PPE, hand carts and hydraulic lifts.
- Must be organized in maintaining the delivery day’s packing slips, signing off on deliveries as well get the customer to sign and leave them a copy.
- Perform pump-offs of product from one container to another.
- Perform necessary pick-ups as set up by the dispatcher.
- Load and unload trucks, by hand, hand cart and/or by forklift for the day’s delivery. Ensure all products are properly labelled according to WHMIS 2015 standards.
- Ensure the truck has the correct placard placement and follow all TDG requirements.
Health and Safety
- Check the truck and equipment to ensure compliance with safety regulations, including circle check and pre-trip inspections.
- Comply with Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations.
- Ensure products and packing slips are properly labelled. Follow SDS instructions for handling the products.
- Report any maintenance/mechanical issues to the fleet coordinator.
- Maintenance also includes touching up paint, washing and cleaning.
- Must perform all work to the highest level of health and safety standards.
- Maintaining positive customer relationships and learning the specialized needs of the customers.
- Pick up empty pails/drums/totes and properly document.
- Current DZ License with a clean driving record
- Completed secondary education
- Strong understanding of WHMIS 2015 (certification)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (certification) * Must have the ability to maneuver heavy stock, including 30 kg pails, 25 kg bags and 350 kg drums on a daily basis.
- Can read road maps/follow route instructions
- Forklift license an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- dz (Preferred)