National Defence - Canadian Joint Operations Command
$19.83 to $21.58 per hour
8 August 2021 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
When submitting your application, you will also have to answer questions regarding the education and experience requirements (both essential and asset qualifications). You MUST CLEARLY DEMONSTRATE how you meets these qualifications by answering the online screening questions. Your responses to screening questions may be used to assess the Ability to communicate effectively in writing and attention to detail.
Intent of the process
This inventory advertisement will used for casual employment. Casual employment is a temporary form of employment for a maximum of 90 working days per department in a calendar year. A casual worker may not apply to internal job opportunities.
Positions to be filled:
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Successful completion of two years of secondary school or employer approved alternatives
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
Experience in the general labour field
Experience operating a forklift and other Materiel Handling Equipment (MHE)
Experience in performing minor non-mechanical maintenance
Experience in erecting / dismantling racking
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
Ability to communicate
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds safely
Effective interpersonal relationships
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Knowledge of fire, health and safety practices, including HazMat and WHMIS
Overtime when required
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
Other Conditions of Employment:
Wear CSA-approved grade 1 steel toed safety footwear with puncture proof soles and other required personal protective equipment in the workplace
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
1. Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position. However, a person may be appointed to the position even though he or she does not meet any or all of the asset qualifications, operational requirements, or organizational needs. Please note that meeting these criteria may be desirable and may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed.
2. To facilitate the administrative process, please indicate your personal record identifier (PRI), if you are already an employee of the Federal Public Service, and your e-mail address. Please ensure that your employment status and your substantive group and level are also included.
3. All results and invitations for interview/written assessment will be sent electronically. We request therefore that you include a valid electronic address (e-mail address) when you apply and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
4. Candidates’ qualifications may be determined by various tests, interview and/or role play.
5. Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
6. The appointed candidate must meet all essential qualifications and conditions of employment and be administered the Oath before being appointed to the position. Administration of the Oath concerns individuals appointed from outside the public service.
7. When completing the screening questions, remember that the assessment board cannot make assumptions about your experience. It is insufficient to say that you have the required qualifications or to list your current or past duties. Rather, candidates must demonstrate how they meet the education and experience criteria listed in the job opportunity advertisement by providing CLEAR AND CONCRETE EXAMPLES.
8. The client organization will accept applications on-line only. All job applications must therefore be submitted through the Public Service Resourcing System. Following are some of the benefits associated with applying on line:
- Applicants can create a profile and a resume that can be used when applying for other processes without having to recreate a new application each time.
- Applicants can modify their application/resume at any time BEFORE the closing date indicated on the job advertisement.
- Applicants can verify the status of their applications, at any time.
- Applicants can be notified electronically of tests or interviews and results.
- For some jobs, applicants will find important information, namely the job questionnaire and a complete statement of merit criteria that are only available when applying on-line. To submit an application online, please select the button "Apply Online" below.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.