Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
The Sort Manager supervises one or more business units in the Warehouse/Sort facility with the intent of regulating sortation. Together with other Managers, the Sort Manager is responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Warehouse/Sort facility.
- Provide necessary direction and leadership to enable employees to meet their performance expectations and their customer service, and safety and Warehouse/Sort facility targets
- Deliver necessary training and coaching to enable employees to meet performance expectations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage business operations in the unit to achieve their operating metrics and financial goals.
- Perform resource allocation, workload assignment and schedule management to optimize day-to-day operations
- Manage and balance vehicle utilization or trailer pools to accommodate customer fluctuations, capacity needs and seasonality
- Verify appropriate hours of work for employees, and authorize appropriate payroll.
- Participate and respond to quality and safety audits
- Partner with internal departments namely HR, H&S, LR, Finance, Sales, Retail, Payroll, and Engineering to ensure compliance, build capability and facilitate the customer experience
- Completing Post-Secondary Qualification
- Manage a group of 1-40 employees
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory and/or management
- Experience in a warehouse-type environment/sortation facility
- Experience in an automated sortation facility
- Experience managing unionized employees
- Experience in safety leadership
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple deliverables
- Knowledge of SAP, particularly payroll and finance module
- Facilitate effective project management
- Ability to handle stress and anxiety
- Experience in Lean methodologies– Yellow and Green Belt Certification (an asset)
- 2 years’ experience in a warehouse-type environment/sortation facility (an asset)
*Please note that this is a contract opportunity*
Location: 563 - Ontario Hub - 62 Vulcan Street
Working Conditions: Warehouse Environment
Reports to: Section Manager - Ontario Hub
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
Contract length: 10 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract