Jealous Fruits is the northernmost large scale cherry producer in North America. We grow premium cherries along the shores of Okanagan Lake in the renowned Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Our cherries are all hand packed in our state-of-the-art facility, located right on our farm, and shipped to our customers worldwide.
As a Packinghouse Team Member, you are recognized as one of our top priorities. You will work in a safe and dynamic working environment where quality and opportunity will be the pillars of our production system. The position would also require aptitude, efficiency, physical ability, and a positive attitude.
Jobs in the Packing Area (Seasonal June-Sept)
Inventory Control: To maintain inventory levels of packaged fruit, assure that product labelling is correct and communicate with packaging line managers, as required to negate overpacking or under packing orders. Ensuring no damage to product and orders are assembled correctly for worldwide delivery.
Forklift Operator/Cold Storage: The safe and responsible operation of propane, gas and electric forklift trucks and facilitate the transport of completed packaged fruit pallets into appropriate storage areas.
Palletizer Unitec Operator: This role identifies product coming from a food packing line and sends it to the correct lanes to be packed with the orders for shipment.
Palletizing Operator: This role hand packs all cherries onto pallets and ensures customer orders are carefully assembled and documented for worldwide deliveries.
Box Machine Operator: Feeds the correct branded boxes safely and efficiently into automatic box forming machines based on current order running on the packing line. Ensure safe and efficient operation of the machine.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to maintain repetitive work.
· Good hand-eye coordination.
· Punctual with excellent attendance.
· Able to work well independently and with others.
· Good eye for detail and quality assurance.
· Able to take direction from supervisors and management when required.
· Able to work for extended periods of time in a cold room environment while maintaining a focused, clean and safe workspace.
· Must be able to carry out physically demanding work for extended periods of time.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Contract length: 3 months (June – Sept)
Expected Start Date: Late June
Hourly Wage: varies due role ($16-$19/hr) – Supervisor roles will be paid a premium
· This is a farming environment and days off may be extremely limited during our picking season.
· Work hours are not calendar based but are dependent on crop maturity and weather.
· Work hours are generally 40 - 60 hours per week and can be longer.
· As these positions are for agricultural employment, overtime and statutory holiday provisions (under the ESA) do not apply.
More information about our company at https://www.jealousfruitsrecruitment.com
Contract length: 3 months
Expected start date: 2021-06-28
This positions would be ideal for students or travelers looking for a summer job that will provide an opportunity to work and save money, and that doesn't require a commitment after September. It will also provide a unique work environment with many people from a diverse background and the potential to move up in the company should you decide you would like to work successive seasons. Candidates should be available from June until the end of August.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place