1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Director Promotions is accountable for leading a team to execute on category established guardrails to achieve promotional investment targets, guide promotional activity within the banners for their specified division, resulting in year over year promotional sales growth.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Determine what events/themes are required, how many pages are needed for an ad, reviews item selection against program roll-up for financial and strategic guardrails.
- Provide banner and category insight in post mortems, analyzes sales and product sell through.
- Oversee regional input on seasonal programs to ensure events are representative of banner & regional identity.
- Decides, along with VP, what is represented on the front page by BU
- Collboartes with BU to identify BU themed pages
- Support in-store weekly ads, as well as local and regional banner specific event planning.
- Support event material selection and planning with Divisional Marketing Team.
- Support Promotions Lead in cross funcational meeting (i.e Central Marketing)
- Roll up individual category plans into a holistic ad program.
- Participate in the ad creative meeting and update the business unit regarding themes and graphics needed.
- Oversee changes to the promo program as the ad evolves through the process
- Oversee communication of promotional plans and strategies (DMAP/Pocket Guide/ Execution Guide) and all other promo marketing tools to Category & Operations and hand off the plan for execution
- Work directly with category teams and Operations on planning promo strategies and coordinating plans
- Manage ad hoc reporting and analytical requirements for promotional activity
- Post secondary degree
- 5-7 years of business experience in marketing, merchandising or pricing role
- 3-5 years people management experience
How You’ll Succeed:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, influence, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success.
- Strong data management and analytical skills with strict attention to detail and the ability to develop business insights and effectively communicate them to the business.
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a strong work ethic. Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple projects effectively and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.