Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Ignace location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Industrial Laborer, Ignace Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Industrial Laborer, Ignace Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Entry Level Industrial Laborer for our Ignace wood products operation located in Northwest Ontario outside the community of Ignace, Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of this facility.
As an Entry Level Industrial Laborer you will be responsible to provide safe operation of your assigned sawmill equipment to work in a safe and productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing unscheduled downtime.
What you gain by working with us:
- A base salary of $24.61 per hour
- A night shift differential of $.55 per hour
- The opportunity to work overtime paid at time and a half
- Benefits Package (health, dental, life insurance, disability, etc)
- A RRSP retirement plan with employer contribution + Optional matching 2%
- Work Travel Assistance Program
- Health Club Reimbursement program
- Referral bonuses
- A personal and family assistance program
- A training and development support program
- A workplace based on respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Operate equipment safely and monitor their use
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of certain areas of the factory
- Ensure that product quality meets our standards and customer requirements
- Comply with our health, safety, and environmental standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 High School diploma or equivalent
- You are 18 years and older
- You can lift and manipulate heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Your uncompromising approach to safety is recognized
- You are interested in the industrial environment and are resourceful
- You are willing to work on weekdays on a rotating 12-hour shift, or weekend night shifts
- Reporting to the Sawmill Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
To be considered for this position, please apply today! In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Ignace is a great place to live! It’s situated on the shores of Agimak Lake and is a gateway to the remote rivers, lakes, waterfalls and forests that surround it. There is an abundance of outdoor activities to enjoy, while in the colder months, the Township of Ignace transforms itself into a winter playground. Residents love to ski, snowshoe, ice fish and the Ignace Otters Snowmobile Club sponsors special events on the trail network. Located on the Trans-Canada Highway/ Highway 17 (2 ½ hours west of Thunder Bay; 100km east of Dryden; and 5 ½ hours east of Winnipeg) on the eastern gateway to Ontario’s Sunset Country in Northwestern Ontario. More information about the region is available at http://town.ignace.on.ca/
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.