Online high school Math and Science teacher
Virtute Innovation and Art School is first and foremost, a professional private high school, a specialized place to study for a career in art, design, or communications. We are certified by the Ministry of Education of Ontario to award students OSSD (BSID#880681). Students will gain the skills and principles necessary to get themselves accepted into and prepared to study at top universities and have a successful career in what they pursue to do and accomplish. Students are taught by top-notch professionals who earn a living doing what they teach.
Our technical facilities and small class teaching resources are state-of-the-art. We have top-notch production facilities and educational resources. This gives students the technological edge their success requires.
Our school prepares aspiring professionals in the fields of design, communications and the arts by delivering excellent high school diploma and certificate programs and portfolio development programs.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and experienced secondary school Math and Science teacher to teach online Math and Science credit courses.
* Proficient at teaching grade 9, 10, 11, and 12 Math and Science credit courses.
- Ontario Certified Teachers (OCT) and in good standing and 2+ years of successful teaching experience preferred
- Education requirements: Education Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Extensive knowledge of the current grade 9-12 Ontario Math curriculum (including
Calculus, Advanced Functions, and Data Management) is an asset
· Being familiar with using Edsby, a cloud-based software application is preferred
- Must be familiar with the Ministry of Education Curriculum and Growing Success
- Must be able to incorporate Growing Success Assessment as/for/of Learning into Lessons
- Great communication skills with children
- Responsible and passionate about teaching
- Able to help students with diverse educational backgrounds and learning abilities
- Ability to provide critical and detailed feedback on students’ products
· * Knowledge of mathematical concepts and a passion for teaching Math
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, organized and reliable
- Teach virtually from home
- Teach 9:30 – 11:00 am morning credit courses onscreen in real-time
- Work with pre-planned lessons already loaded into the teaching platform for each course and each session
- Marking homework and tests
- Recording marks for report cards
- Follow-up with students' progress
Salary: $3,500.00 - $4,500.00 per month
Expected start date:
June-August, 2021: Probation period
July 5, 2021 to June 30, 2022, 2021-2022 Academic School Year, Full-time contract
· Remote interview process
· Teaching classes online and remotely from home
· Virtual staff and teacher meetings
Please email your cover letter and resume.
We thank all the applicants for your interest; however, we will only contact the candidates who are selected for an onscreen Zoom meeting & interview.
Thank you very much.
Reference ID: 8808802
Contract length: 13 months
Application deadline: 2021-05-26
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $3,500.00-$4,000.00 per month
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Remote interview process
- Teaching classes online and remotely from home
- Virtual staff and teacher meetings
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Teaching: 1 year (required)
- Ontario College of Teachers certificate (required)