- TheoDone Publishings is the only publisher specialized in the publication of books about children’s condition and rights on a national and international scale. TheoDone’s mission is to support and to shape up the reflection about the condition of children, locally and globally by publishing books on the subject.
- The publishing house has a number of goals. First, it wants to offer children and youth tools that promotes the development of self-confidence as well as self-affirmation. It wishes to make them respect and embrace moral and physical differences, regardless of their color, race, religion, as well as enhance their conflict resolution and communications skills. Secondly, TheoDone wants to reach adults and secure an inter generational bridge in order to enhance solidarity between generations.
- In relation to this, TheoDone Publishings’ mission is to educate, raise awareness and provide tools and knowledge to individuals of all age, as well as serving as an outlet concerning freedom of speech. Besides, the publishing house encourages the publication and distribution of books produced by non-profit organizations or any other community actor concerned about the resolution of social issues, especially those affecting children and their family.
We are looking for a Video Editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision to be posted on websites and/or to be broadcasted.
Ultimately, as a Film and Video Editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Degree and/or certification in film studies, cinematography, or related field
- Experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Part-time hours: 25-35 per week
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Type d'emploi : Temps Partiel, Temporaire, Permanent
Salaire : 15,00$ à 19,00$ par heure
- DEP/ AEC ou Certificat (Souhaité)