- In collaboration with team members, support the physical, psychological and emotional well-being of the Core Members in the home.
- Accompany individuals to appointments, activities within the community, and other activities outside the home.
- Respond to each person's individual needs by respectfully supporting them with daily living skills, personal hygiene, and where needed, administering medication.
- Encourage each person to achieve the highest level of independence in personal care and relationships.
- Assist each person in appropriate areas as agreed upon by the house team during annual reviews/goal setting.
- Ensure the house is safe, clean and inviting to all by participating in daily housekeeping and maintenance chores.
- Maintain up-to-date training requirements.
- Understand and adhere to all L'Arche Stratford community standards, policies and procedures.
- Follow the schedule and priorities outlined by the House Leader.
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with team in order to pass on pertinent information.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Creative problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Availability for mornings, evenings, and weekends, as well as overnight support times.
- Education or experience in Developmental Services an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and passion for supporting individuals with behavioural and physical care needs an asset.
- Police records check including vulnerable sector screening.
- Valid G class driver’s license in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle an asset.
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCVI) or First Aid/CPR certification an asset.
Job Type: Part-time