We are hiring a part-time home organizer.
Do you want to work for a company that:
1. Appreciates and acknowledges employee accomplishments
2. Believes in career development & potential for growth.
3. Promotes positive work environment
And did I mention, no evening work!
Part-time/Casual Home Organizer
Do you love to declutter, organize, pack and unpack? Would you like to make a difference in our clients’ lives by helping them reduce clutter, increase productivity, reduce stress, gain clarity, and simplify their lives? If so, then join our amazing team! We would love to hear from you.
This position is perfect for someone who:
- Has an appreciation for helping others
- Is naturally organized and loves to sort, organize, pack and unpack
- Would prefer to work in a clients’ home than be sitting at a desk all day working
- Is not afraid of working in a dirty and dusty environment
- Is able to lift heavy boxes and bags (up to 30 lbs)
- Has a flexible schedule and willing to work up to 4 shifts a week or more
- Would love to take part in transforming clients’ homes from having clutter to being organized
- Is able to stand and bend for long periods of time
- Help clients to declutter, organize, create filing systems, maximize space and time
- Pack up donations, garbage, recycle etc.
- Put garbage and recyclables in clients’ garbage area (ex. garage) and pack up donations, put in your vehicle, and drop them off.
- Recommend organizing products and systems to clients which will help to keep their home organized
- Carefully wrap, pack and unpack household items for our clients who are moving
- Maintain a full supply of organizing products on hand
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform other duties when required
- Compassionate and have an understanding for those with chronic disorganization, ADHD and depression
- Valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle is required (large vehicle ex. SUV is an asset)
- Willing to work some week days, Saturdays and the odd Sunday. Shifts are normally from 4 to 7 hours in length (not including travel time) and are anywhere between the hours of 9:00am until 5:30pm. No evening work required!
- Lives in Ottawa or Nepean area
- Able to lift 30 pounds - heavy lifting is required
- Capable of standing and bending for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work in an environment that may be dirty and have pets
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Previous social services, home organizing and/or packing experience is an asset, but not required
Please note: This position is a part-time position. On average there will be 3 shifts a week, with the opportunity to have more shifts during our busy weeks. There is an opportunity to grow with the company into a leadership role.
PLEASE WATCH YOUR EMAILS (INCLUDING YOUR INDEED EMAIL) AS WE WILL BE SENDING EMAILS TO POTENTIAL CANADIDATES WITH QUESTIONS RELATING TO THIS JOB POSITION
For more information about Second Set of Hands, please visit our website at www.secondsetofhands.ca
Please no phone calls.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 /hour