Nelson River Construction (NRC) is currently hiring an experienced and motivated Trucking Foreman for Concrete Operations.
NRC is a leading heavy construction contractor in Winnipeg MB; operating inter-provincially with the expertise in many areas of heavy construction; from Concrete, Asphalt paving, Aggregate processing and Underground services.
We focus on providing a supportive work environment that exceeds expectations and continually improves the quality of everything we do.
The Foreman is responsible for managing the trucking fleet for Excavation and Base hauling operations. Oversees daily trucking coordination, assigns routes and driver schedules. Keeps maintenance logs and schedules repairs.
- Together with the Superintendent, looks ahead, organizes and coordinates trucking on multiple job sites
- Schedules trucking demands to match site needs to maximize productivity
- Trains, develops and coaches team members to continually improve skills, abilities and productivity
- Maintains inventory of required materials and replenishes/reports shortages in advance
- Ensure equipment/tools are constantly kept in a clean, safe and operational condition
- Completes all necessary daily job logs/documentation
- Leads by example and promotes a safe, accident free work environment
- Operation of Semi-truck with Tri-axle, Dual axle, or Belly dump trailers
- Inspection of truck equipment and supplies and performs pre and post trip inspections
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in the construction trucking industry
- Thorough knowledge of the Highway Traffic act as it pertains to Load and Weight Restrictions.
- Self-directed and able to work with little supervision
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Strong mechanical aptitude with previous supervisory experience
- Minimum Class 1 Driver’s License required
Working on remote sites may be required on an infrequent basis.
Salary and benefits:
- Qualified candidates can expect above average remuneration, comprehensive benefits and competitive pension plan.
If you are interested in becoming part of a strong team and a leader in the construction industry, please forward your resume.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction trucking: 5 years (Preferred)
- Class 1 Drivers License (Preferred)