Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of essential environmental and industrial services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers, including those in the manufacturing, mining, municipal, oil and gas, pulp and paper, refining and petrochemical, transportation, and utilities sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ approximately 2,000 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations across Canada.
At Terrapure, we’re Changing Waste for Good. We see both economy and environment as invaluable, understanding one cannot be prioritized at the expense of the other. With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, we provide services that reduce the volume of waste requiring disposal, recover value from industrial by-products, and restore industrial operations to peak efficiency. We provide these services through an extensive coast-to-coast facility network and through field services deployed on customer sites.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com
We are a proudly Canadian company in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing industry. With the tremendous opportunity to “change the way the world thinks about waste”, we need talented individuals like you to match the breadth of our mission. Come with your sleeves rolled up and get ready to grow!
At Terrapure, we are guided by our core values of Safety, Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Environmental Stewardship and Doing More. We are committed to fostering a positive, progressive, and diverse corporate culture. We support our employees and the communities where we live and work through activities and investment that align with what we do and what we believe in. By joining Terrapure, you can make a difference with your career, your community and our planet.
Terrapure offers competitive compensation, an attractive benefits plan, an excellent work-life balance and family-friendly perks! If you’re ready for a challenge and want to help us work towards strengthening our position as one of Canada’s leading environmental companies, we want to hear from you.
This newly created role will lead the recruitment process with a focus on Western Canada, providing targeted sourcing solutions to meet business needs while further developing the organization’s recruitment function. The role will focus on filling seasonal and full time positions to support Terrapure’s operational team, ensuring the necessary positions are filled to meet major project demands. This position will streamline standard recruitment processes while creatively sourcing top talent through proactively building candidate pipelines for vacancies.
- Lead needs-analysis meetings to discuss recruitment requirements with the business (define job requirements, gain an understanding of the role / ideal candidate and identify the selection criteria to be used throughout the process)
- Following needs-analysis, develop recruitment plans for vacancies to attract highly skilled / diverse candidates
- Execute recruitment plans for entry-level to niche/hard-to-fill vacancies, using effective recruitment channels
- Finalize job postings and recommend sourcing channels
- Advise the business on the recruitment and selection process; coach and train managers on the interview process and the applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Develop and maintain recruitment and selection tools and resources, including phone-screen templates, interview guides, selection tests, etc.
- Act as a Terrapure ambassador and create organizational awareness across various social media platforms and at recruitment fairs
- Keep up to date on innovative sourcing strategies, generate recruitment channels and maintain a candidate/resume database; continually building a candidate pool for future vacancies
- Cold-call candidates as necessary
- Phone screen short-listed candidates and schedule face-to-face interviews with the business
- Debrief with hiring managers post-interview to determine hiring decisions
- Ensure engagement between hiring managers and candidates during recruitment process
- Coordinate selection assessments and pre-employment screening
- Oversee creation of offer letters for candidates, ensuring professional and consistent delivery
- Track and monitor recruitment key performance indicators and report to HR Leadership
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources; CHRP designation is preferred
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in recruitment focused role
- National recruitment experience in an industrial based environment ideal
- Previous experience recruiting high volume seasonal and full time roles preferred
- Bilingual (French/English) preferred
- Demonstrated success in sourcing candidates using a wide range of recruitment mediums
- Experience using screening and assessment tools, including behavioural-based and/or performance-based interviewing techniques
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle high and fluctuating recruitment volumes
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Solid track record of accomplishments, including taking ownership of goal targets, customer service levels and timelines
- Understanding of the various Human Resources disciplines, and their respective link to Recruitment and Selection
- Self Starter with ability and maturity to work remotely
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Developed computer skills in Microsoft Office and ATS systems
- Travel required throughout Western Canada, particularly during heavy recruiting season (typically January to April, when 50% travel could be expected)
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.