Pharmacy Assistant – Data Entry
At Remedy’sRx Specialty Pharmacy, we service Long Term Care, Retirement Home, Assisted Living, Group Homes and other institutional care settings through dedicated pharmacies.
Why Remedy’s Rx:
- Full Benefit Plan and Competitive Compensation Package
- Flexible Work Hours and no evening shifts
- Growth Opportunities
- Great Team Environment
As a Pharmacy Assistant you will be reporting to the Operations Manager within our Cambridge pharmacy. The position is responsible for entering prescriptions into the RemedysRx’s computer system Kroll, as well as entry in electronic MAR programs such as Point Click Care and MedeCare and maintenance of these patient records.
We are committed to providing excellent patient care, with superior communication skills within a fast-paced environment that services the needs of our Homes. We provide an employee friendly team environment in which goal-oriented individuals thrive as they achieve demanding challenges.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Performs operational duties such as: inputting new or refill prescriptions ensuring legality & interpretation; verifying consent forms & patient information; assisting pharmacist with documentation; flagging Medication Review or professional services; third party management & reconciliation;
- Create new patient profiles and maintain existing patient records on the database;
- Maintain customer service expectations in a timely manner, knowing when to involve pharmacist;
- Answering and resolving telephone inquiries;
- Prepares prescription label printouts
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Remedy’sRx
- Post-Secondary diploma in a Pharmacy Assistant program
- Minimum one year of data entry experience within operations for Long Term Care preferred
- Knowledge of Kroll system preferred
- Proficiency in eMAR (Catalyst oneMar, Mede-Care and Point Click Care (PCC) an asset
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Superb customer service skills are essential
- Professional phone etiquette
- Attention to detail and ensuring accuracy is highly required
- Weekend and statutory holiday rotations is required
If you are committed to providing outstanding care and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of your patients, we want to hear from you today!
Job Type: Full-time
- data entry (within operations for Long Term Care): 1 year (Preferred)
- Cambridge, ON (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Assistant (Required)