We are currently seeking a qualified, experienced class (1/3) driver for the position of Tandem axle Dump Truck driver.
- The qualified individual will be required to safely drive a Tandem Dump truck in city traffic as well as highway, and secondary roads.
- Deliver a variety of construction products, including but not limited to, Top soil, Mulch, Gravel, Rock, and equipment to various sites.
- You will be required to have knowledge of operating various types of loaders in order to self load the required materials.
- A clean 5-year commercial abstract.
- A current resume with references.
- A valid Alberta drivers license.
- Your own means of transportation.
- The ability to use a digital device so as to fill out forms in Site Docs (forms include Pre/post trip reports, requisition forms, FLHA’s etc.)
- Physically able to perform the job responsibilities.
- A knowledge of the City and surrounding areas is an asset.
- Must be self motivated.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Must be able to multi task.
- A team-oriented frame of mind is a valued asset.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of the trucking industry’s Standards and safety practices.
- Licensing (class 1/3) WHMIS, First Aid, Loader training, etc.
- Hours of service (training).
- Weights and measures (training).
- Permits (knowledge of types and requirements).
- Load control and securement.
The qualified individual must comply with.
- All industry standards.
- Company safety standards.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Must be able to submit to a criminal check.
- May be asked to submit to, and pass a drug and alcohol test.
Hours or work
40-50 hours per week, some overtime may be required.
Job Type: Full-time