Who We Are
Trans Mountain Corporation operates Canada’s only pipeline system transporting crude oil and refined products to the West Coast. We deliver nearly 300,000 barrels of crude oil and refined products each day through 1,274 kilometers of pipeline in Alberta, British Columbia and Washington State.
The Trans Mountain Expansion Project will provide increased capacity to support Canadian crude oil production growth and ensure access to global energy markets. The largest project in our history, it involves the installation of approximately 980 km of new pipeline, new and modified facilities including pump stations and terminals, and a new dock complex at the Westridge Marine Terminal in British Columbia.
As a federal Crown corporation, the newly formed Trans Mountain Corporation will continue to build upon our 65 years of experience delivering operational and safety excellence through our crude oil pipeline system.
We are accountable to Parliament through the Canada Development Investment Corporation (CDEV). As a wholly-owned subsidiary of CDEV, we are governed by an independent Board of Directors.
Quick Facts about Trans Mountain Corporation
- We operate Canada’s only pipeline system transporting crude oil and refined products to the West Coast
- We have delivered safe and reliable energy transportation for 65 years
- We deliver 300,000 barrels of crude oil and refined products every day on our pipeline system
- Our Trans Mountain Expansion Project will provide western Canadian crude oil producers with an additional 590,000 bpd of crude oil transportation capacity and tidewater access
- Our corporate headquarters is in Calgary, Alberta with regional offices along the pipeline system in Alberta and British Columbia
Reporting to the Document Control Manager, the Document Controller will execute on the service of receiving, validating, assigning search metadata, and publishing project documents into the designated project repositories.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure proper turnover of project documentation, including validation of information completeness and the accuracy of assigned metadata
- Publish documentation into the designated project repository (including indexing of appropriate metadata), following the standard and project-specific document control procedures
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to correct discovered errors within documents, and assure resubmission
- Conduct audits of documents and data published with the project repository
- Provide user training on processes and systems
- Receive, log, and load Handover documentation
- Capture and compile performance metrics data, as needed
- Assist in compiling, formatting, and presenting status reports to the Document Control Supervisor and/or business groups
- Liaise with Information Technology Department to ensure all software technology requirements for document control are satisfied
- Identify opportunities to improve document control processes and/or infrastructure
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the components of the oil and gas industry typically in demand of document control services (e.g. Facilities Engineering, Major Project Construction)
- Troubleshooting of document control technology and associated content management software.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in document control
- Strong computer skills within a MS Office environment (including MS Excel), and experience with Enterprise Content Management software platforms (e.g. OpenText, eDocs, Microsoft SharePoint, ProjectWise)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and bulk electronic document uploading tools
- Knowledge of document control best practices
- Must be analytical and demonstrate initiative
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks under limited supervision
- Must demonstrate adaptability in a changing environment
- Based in Calgary, AB
- Office work
As an equal opportunity employer, Trans Mountain Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Temporary
- Document Control: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)