Valve Automation Assembly Technician
Automation West Technology is a design and manufacturing firm for valve automation and related pneumatic, high pressure gas, hydraulic and electric controls, and telemetry. AWT provides consulting, technical design services and engineering for natural gas and oil – pipeline and station valve automation.
The Valve Automation Assembly Technician works with our engineering and technical team to provide support for our valve automation products and will be responsible for the assembly and testing of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems including valves, pumps, and other mechanical or electro-mechanical products sold by Automation West Technologies. Depending on the project design, our technicians combine our own components with a supplier’s products or bring multiple suppliers’ products together to provide an end product to our customer. Due to the variety of components and variation of builds, unique assembly abilities are needed.
- Assembles hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance to work order using hand and power tools.
- Tests all assembled systems for standard expectations of quality, quantity, and time.
- Maintains system accuracy by updating inventory records for parts used, defective parts, and additional parts needed.
- Assists customers with needs assessment and completes repairs.
- Coordinates with material handling, sales and others to expedite orders.
- Maintain safe and orderly work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- * High School Diploma or GED
- Current WHMIS certificate
- 2 year degree in Fluid power, Mechatronics or other mechanical or electro-mechanical disciplines strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of fluid power, preferred.
- 1-5 years of Assembly or Shop experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize to be able to meet the expectations of the customer with respect to quantity and timing.
- Detail oriented is extremely important to provide the highest level of quality.
- Customer focused.
Job Type: Full-time
- Shop: 1 year (Preferred)