Reporting to the Production Foreman, the Well Operator is responsible for ensuring that all oil and gas wells and facilities are effectively operated and maintained in good working condition. This position is responsible for monitoring well production and expenses daily, coordinating services, and ensuring safe work practices are adhered to. The operator is in communication with the Production Foreman multiple times a day to discuss and resolve problems or issues that may arise in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively gather and enter all required data for operations of wells and facilities in the field.
- Ensure correct operation and maintenance of all equipment and vehicles.
- Safely coordinate internal and third-party services required for well operation and optimization.
- Remotely monitor SCADA to ensure appropriate production and early detection of problems.
- Ensure safe and effective operation from internal and third-party services and companies.
- Hold services and suppliers accountable.
- Oversee and coordinate repairs and services as necessary.
Adjustment and Optimization
- Adjust and regulate speeds and pressures for all wells and associated equipment.
- Monitor well production and oil cut to ensure optimization.
- Communicate to Production Foreman to further optimize production with approval where needed.
Data Entry and Administrative
- Sort and organize all field ticket and paperwork.
- Enter all field ticket information into production system.
- Maintain accurate records and spreadsheets for all locations and production.
- Submit tickets and paperwork to management when complete.
Risk Management and Safety
- Complete safe work permits, hazard IDs, and pre-job safety meetings as necessary.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Safe Work Practices (SWPs) to provide a safe environment for all staff and contractors.
- Contribute to development of new SOP and SWP for other team members and contractors.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
Housekeeping and Access
- Ensure clean and tidy wells and facilities.
- Request from Production Foreman additional services to maintain or clean facilities as required.
- Ensure Leases are maintained and kept accessible for all required services
- Perform other duties as required.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Oilfield and mechanical experience is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills are required to interpret data.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills is required.
- The ability to work responsibly, independently, with minimal supervision and work well within a team.
- Class 5 drivers license registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with a satisfactory Drivers Abstract is required.
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other internal staff and third-party contractors.
- Must have excellent communication skills verbally and written with proven ability to communicate courteously and effectively.
- Must be proficient with computers with basic knowledge in Excel.
- Must be in good physical condition to accommodate long periods of standing and lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Capable of operating equipment and hand tools in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Valid H2S and First Aid Certification is required.
Working Conditions and Schedule
This position is mainly field based working and operating out of a vehicle. The normal scheduled shift is a rotating seven days on seven days off from Tuesday to Tuesday, on call 24 hours a day while on shift. Typical working hours are from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm with the requirement to work outside these hours and respond to call outs when needed. Computer or administrative work to be completed daily at field office or from home.
The application for this position must include the following to be considered:
- Current resume with two professional supervisory references.
- Current (three months or less) three year driver’s abstract.
- Proof of qualifications.
- Only electronic submissions will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 to $30.00 /hour
- oilfield and mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)