We have a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for a Financial Analyst to support the GMA business unit.
Reporting directly into the GMA Controllership group, you will be primarily responsible for collaborating with business unit leadership and finance colleagues to deliver accurate, timely and highly valued accounting and financial support.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Analytical support of the budgeting and forecast process, delivering well supported and documented financial plans;
- Working closely with business unit partners to understand their business, help them understand their financial drivers, and challenge their assumptions;
- Delivering accurate, insightful and timely analysis of financial results compared against forecasts and budgets as well as presenting these to business unit stakeholders
- Managing project and client financials according to contract; understanding key terms in contracts, financial implications of changes in those terms and the technical accounting impact of contracts;
- Propose improvements to the supporting analyses in order to improve accuracy and efficiency;
- Analysis of Balance sheet entries ensuring balance sheet integrity;
- Manage special requests and collaborate on in-house projects.
- Post-secondary education and an accounting designation (CPA);
- 2-5 years’ experience, ideally in a business partnership role;
- Bilingual, English and French;
- Proven analytical skills and ability to communicate to non-finance stakeholders;
- A strong work ethic and flexibility to meet dynamic business needs;
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and ERP aptitude;
- Experience, proficiency and comfort in communicating and working effectively at various levels, including senior management;
- A sense of autonomy, initiative and responsibility;
- A motivated self-starter that takes initiative to bring issues to resolution;
- Quality oriented strategy.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft;
- Knowledge of Hyperion application (Oracle)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.